Is it Necessary for Clients to Give Themselves Shots After BBL?

i was told that after the clients have the bbl surgery that some dr's have been giving them syringes with medication so that they can give themselves shots after the surgery to prevent blood clots from forming. so all ps recommend this?

Blood thinners after BBL

+1

I do not routinely prescribe Lovenox injections to prevent blood clots after Brazilian Butt lift surgery.  However, if a patient has had a blood clot in the past, or has other risk factors, I would consider prescribing it. 

Shots for Blod Clots with Brazilian Buttlift?

+1

If you are a patient who is high risk for blood clots, you may want to consider if you want to do the surgery.  I have not given Lovenox prior to this procedure or after the procedure.

Shots after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Some surgeons require their patients to administer themselves blood thinning shots in the days following Brazilian Butt Lift surgery.  Not all surgeons require this and I personally do not.  If this is a concern for you, discuss it with your surgeon beforehand and/or select one who does not require it.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Blood Thinner shots after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

You are probably referring to a blood thinner called Lovenox.  I do not routinely use this medication. the only tiume I would use it is if the patient were high risk for blood clots (family history, personal history, or obesity). If the patient were high risk for a blood clot, then I probably would decline doing the surgery. Immediate movement after the surgery is the best at preventing blood clots.

Matthew Schulman, MD