What is the Dent/ridge Post Revision Rhinoplasty Near my Tip? (photo)

I’m 4wks post open revision:minor cephalic trim+sutures to narrow/elev tip and hump red.1st rhino 2yr ago was just cephalic trim.Day7 I’ve noticed a ridge on the R side of my tip which is more apparent now.I know it’s too early to draw any conclusions,but: Besides localised swelling,what are the causes?Could the ridge be cartilage?If so,its orientation(pic) is opposite to what I’ve seen(No cart was removed at that specific place,only at tip and L side) Can I expect it to disappear at some point?

Dent and ridge in tip along sidewall

This dent or ridge as you put it can be due to swelling at one month. If after 6-12 months it persists, probably a small amount of filler may help to fill it out.

What is the Dent/Ridge Post Revision Rhinoplasty Near my Tip?

In revision cases, swelling can last for longer than a year.  At one month, tip concerns are very difficult to evaluate based upon these considerations.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA