What Should I Expect from Tip Post Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I’m 2 wks post rhino: small hump red, sutures to elev and narrow tip and tip cartilage trim(was told there’s enough left for tip support). It was a revision following a cephalic trim 2yrs ago which made no change. Post 1st surgery, 90% of swelling subsided after 10 days. Now, I like my profile and front but am worried that the tip will become even smaller later. Since it’s a revision, I know more swelling should be expected.From your experience, should I expect the tip to be even narrower later?

Looks like you're on your way to a good result after revisional surgery.

+1

Secondary operations are never easy is the primary. Where is it is regrettable that you had to go through a revision it looks as though this time around things will turn out well.

Rhinoplasty and swelling after surgery

+1

Dear CathyP,

1. it is still very early in the healing process and things should even out
  2. If you have specific concerns, you should bring this up with your surgeon

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

What Should I Expect from Tip Post Rhinoplasty?

+1

Swelling will depend upon a huge number of factors.    If the reduction was conservative then the tip will likely not become much smaller.   Your surgeon will have far better insight into this.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Secondary rhinoplasty swelling lasts for up to a year. So at 2 weeks impossible to comment upon the appearance. 

Tip getting smaller

+1

It is unlikely that your tip will get a lot smaller. You have a good result at this stage and it should continue to get better. One photo shows a scab along the incisions. You must keep it clean with hydrogen peroxide and apply antibiotic ointment and DO NOT touch your noe with your finger, only Q tips if needed. Regards
Dr. J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon