I'm 53 Years Old and Never Had Perky Breasts. What Are the Chances I Need a Breast Lift with a BA? (photo)

Perky Means Breast Lift In this Case

+1

I do believe, based on your photos, that you would likely need a lift to get the perky breast you desire. It is possible this could be achieved with a periareolar inciosn type. You may wish to read further about what’s involved in breast lift surgery in our blog post on this very subject at :

You need a Breast Lift

+1

Your photographs show your breasts are probably about a size C, they are droopy and have displaced inferior and laterally.  You are a perfect candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique repositions the breast high on the chest wall, increases cleavage and reshapes the breast creating upper pole fullness that produces the perky breasts you desire.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

What Are the Chances I Need a #BreastLift with a #BreastAugmentation? (photo) ANS:

+1

I think to get the perky breasts you never had, the chances are 100% you will need a lift. You do have some droop and just implants will not get you perky but will get you bigger and I'm afraid over time, just big and droopy...I really think you would be much happier with a lift, knowing that there is always the risk of scarring...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Lift

+1

Looking at your photos, I would recommend a breast lift and if you want to be larger, then implants as well. Implants will make your breasts larger but will not lift them. A mastopexy, or breast lift, will raise the breasts and make them more "perky" but will not change the size. To change both the size and make them more perky, you will need both procedures. It's best to see an experienced plastic surgeon for this complicated combination procedure. Best of luck!

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Breast implants alone are not a good remedy for saggy breasts. Implants and a lift produce maximum perkiness.

+1

Judging by your frontal photos, you need a breast lift with implants, so I would say your chance is 100%.  You have always wanted to be perky, so don't just have implants, which make you larger but not perkier (despite what you may have heard).  Implants just don't take up the slack very well.  You can look at photos on my website if you like and view patients treated just with implants and patients treated with implants and a lift (yes, you need implants with your lift to get maximum perkiness).

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Chances of needing a breast lift

+1

Based on the photos apparently now available, it appears your breasts are very borderline or too ptotic for an implant alone. They also have adequate volume and would look bigger (not smaller) with a properly done lift. 

Breasts that are too low cannot get an implant behind them to look proper because an implant is just a pillow of volume and does not lift the breast or reposition it. Implants are only for fill volume. The minimum size increase of a properly fitted and lowest profile implant is one cup size from where you started. 

A lift doesn't not add or subtract volume from the breast and merely repositions the breast on the chest and raises the nipple-areola position to the correct level relative to the breast and inframammary crease behind it. This does not make it look more "perky" because it doesn't give forward projection or specifically fill in the upper pole concavity, but it does balance the tissues and centers the nipple-areola much like a bra does. 

So it's not a question of chances. It's where your nipple-areola sits in relation to your inframammary crease, what your volume is and where it's distributed, what procedure does what, and what your goals/expectations are. In your case I would recommend a true mastopexy alone with a vertical (lollipop) incision approach. If you still feel you want or "need" a pillow volume of implant you can add this later. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with breast augmentation will produce a perky breast

+1

Based on your photo, it seems likely that a breast lift with an augmentation will give you the results  you desire.  An in person exam and discussion of your specific goals is necessary to obtain better advice.  You are likely to get varied opinions about what is best, so it's probably better to seek a few consultations.  Ask to look a photos of the surgeons patients to see if their results match your objectives.  You might also bring a photo of the type of result you are trying to achieve.

Good luck.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Probably 100% need both

+1

Although I don't say definitely you must have one, judging from your photo you would need both.  If you didn't mind being a little smaller then you could go with a lift alone.  If you wanted more upper pole fullness and being a little larger then I would say you will need an augmentation and at least a periareolar lift.  The type of lift would be best determined by examining you.  Good luck.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

A breast lift will help make the breasts more perky

+1

A breast lift will make your breasts more perky.  A breast augmentation will make your breasts more full.  What surgery is best for you depends on your goals.  If the goal is a lifted, perkier, more rejuvenated look then a breast lift alone is the best option.  A breast lift will make you a little smaller and if this isn't what you would like then a small implant could be added to maintain your volume.  If your goal is a fuller chest, then an augmentation alone will do that but it won't make you lifted.  I hope this helps and good luck.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or augment

+1

Please post a photo so the responses can be specific to your case.  If you have lack of upper pole volume but the nipples aren't sagging, then augment alone may work for you. However, if the entire breast is deflated and the nipple is pointing downward, then you will certainly need a lift as well. 

Robert L. Kraft, MD