Is There Any Chance a TT with Muscle Repair Can Help with Pelvic Instability? Do I Have Enough Skin for a Full TT? (photo)

Is There Any Chance a TT with Muscle Repair Can Help with Pelvic Instability? Do I Have Enough Skin for a Full TT?

+2

From the frontal photo alone I cannot tell reliably about how much skin excess you have, but I think there is enough for a TT. A side view would help, but the real answer will come in the setting of an in person consultation. 

I am not sure what your definition of pelvic instability is, but it is also always an error to think that a tummy tuck will do anything for functional problems. It is an aesthetic procedure. 

Thanks for your question,and  for the posted photo. When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Surgery

+1

You appear to have some abdominal wall laxity on the photograph you have posted. I cannot tell about the skin excess. An examination is necessary

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck and pelvic instability

+1

Tummy tuck will improve your appearance but should not be counted on to improve pelvic instability.  Your photos suggest that you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck but an exam would be needed to decide for sure.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

I do not think a tummy tuck will help with pelvic muscles. Cannot tell from photo if you are a good candidate for a TT.

Good luck

Greg Sexton, M.D

Columbia, S.C.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

+1

Not sure what you mean by "pelvic instability". And yes you are on border for full TT. Best to obtain in person evaluations. 

Questions about pelvic instability and an abdominoplasty

+1

You appear to be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty.  Since an abdominoplasty only corrects the excess skin and fat of the anterior abdomen as well as tightening and improving the resting tone of the abdomen I would not expect it to impact pelvic instability.  However if the anterior abdominal wall is lax it can improve lower back pain in the lumbar area.  

+1

You have only posted a frontal view and a side view would be helpful to determine if excess skin can be removed.  The tummy tuck should not have any bearing on the pelvic instability.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Pelvic instability and tummy tuck

+1
From the frontal view, you appear to be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty. If "pelvic instability" is meant to refer to dropping uterus or bladder after childbirth, that question would best be directed to a gynecologist. Best wishes.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Will a TT with Muscle Repair Can Help with Pelvic Instability?

+1

Many thanks for the question. I am not sure if the repair of divarication of Rectai called muscle repair has to do any thing with the pelvic instability since it hardly depends upon these muscles. I am sorry that I am not very affirmative on my reply but to my mind this is the truth. If some PS is telling you that it helps I wonder what reasons if it could be. I wish you good luck .I am replying you for Dubai and suggest you the same as suggested by others to find a good PS in your own local area.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Enough Skin for a Full TT?

+1

Thank you for the question and your picture. It is difficult to give an accurate opinion based on a photograph, however it would appear from your photo as there is sufficient tissue laxity for an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). As for pelvic instability, one must be more exact. Is it bony instability or a soft tissue instability? In any case it is not likely that abdominoplasty will help to correct either issue.

When you are ready, make sure to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They will discuss your goals and concerns more thoroughly after an in-person examination.

I hope this helps. Best of luck

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD