How Long After Scar Revision Can I Return to Normal Activities?

I plan to have scar revision surgery to correct two large scars on my chin and along my jawline. As a student, I have limited time off. How long should I expect to wait before returning to work/school?

Activity Following Scar Revision

+1

Without more information it is difficult to answer specifically. This is a good question for the surgeon caring for you. But if you are undergoing a straight forward scar excision and closure, I think you could return to school right away. A light activity level (5-10 pound lifting restriction, and avoiding bending and stooping) would seem appropriate for 1-2 weeks following surgery. Other specific instructions would be based upon the surgical procedure. Your surgeon should be able to give you an idea of what to expect during your recovery, activity limitations, as well as instructions on how to care for your suture lines.

Best wishes, Ken Dembny

Web reference: http://www.drdembny.com

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon