Can I Exercise my Pectoral Muscles and Resume Running/jumping Jacks After Breast Reconstruction w/ Under Muscle Implant? (photo)

I had reconstruction surgery in November. My PS said I could exercise, but says he wants me to let my pectoral muscles atrophy and not work them-ever. No running/jumping unless I get an extremely supportive bra that does not mash me. Even then he wants that to be minimal. I don't like the way the muscles feel/look when they move. It freaks people out too. I was extremely active before. Do I really have to let my pecs atrophy and not do jumping jacks, running, etc? This eliminates so much!

Can I Exercise my Pectoral Muscles and Resume Running/jumping Jacks After Breast Reconstruction w/ Under Muscle Implant?

+1

Since we are not your treating surgeons very hard to go against the treating surgeon's advise. We DO NOT know your medical surgical history and therefore are not in a position to advise on muscle atrophy and exercises. 

Breast reconstruction

+1

I have never heard not being allowed to exercise and use your arms after reconstruction. The muscles will not atrophy and should be used when your Doctor clears you.

Breast Reconstruction

+1

Breast Reconstruction with implants under the muscle will not cause the

muscle to atrophy, nor resting the muscle for few weeks will cause atrophy.

As for the feeling of the muscle and what it does to the breast this could be animation. If there is significant animation it can be repaired with another surgery.