Naval Hernia, Tummy Tuck, Pain Pump Removal - All at Once?

I have a pain pump implanted in my abdomen and I am going to have it removed. I also have a naval hernia that needs repaired and would like to have a tummy tuck done all at the same time. Is this possible?

Tummy Tuck, Umbilical Hernia, and Pain Pump Removal?

+1

In my opinion, the best time to repair the umbilical hernia and remove the pain pump is at the same time that you're having a tummy tuck done. At that time, the hernia is easily  exposed and repaired,  negating the need for further surgery. Care must be taken during the performance umbilical hernia repair to avoid compromise of blood flow to the overlying skin.

It would be in your best interest to have these procedures done concomitantly.

Please make sure you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm

Multiple abdominal surgeries wtih tummy tuck

+1

Yes, pain pump removal, umbilical herniorrhaphy, and tummy tuck is possible but may require more than one surgeon and may also involve greater risk such as umbilcal necrosis. Discuss these with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Naval Hernia, Tummy Tuck, Pain Pump Removal - All at Once

+1

Hard to answer without a better medical history. My guess from your limited posting is No I would not do all 3 together. But that is just my opinion. 

Multiple procedures

+1

The procedures that you describe can likely all be performed during the same operation.  However, you will need to discuss this with your surgeon and coordinate any other medical specialists (pain specialists or whoever arranged for your pain pump) so that everything runs smoothly.  In most cases, your plastic surgeon is also trained in general surgery and will be able to fix your hernia as well.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.shaferplasticsurgery.com

Pain Pump Removal and Umbilical Repair at time of Tummy Tuck

+1

Regarding:  "Naval Hernia, Tummy Tuck, Pain Pump Removal - All at Once?
I have a pain pump implanted in my abdomen and I am going to have it removed. I also have a naval hernia that needs repaired and would like to have a tummy tuck done all at the same time. Is this possible
?"

Assuming there are no medical, lifestyle or psychiatric contraindications, the pain pump can be removed, and umbilical hernia could be repaired at the time of a Tummy Tuck. It would require coordination between your pain doctor, general surgeon and your plastic surgeon (unless the plastic surgeon does all of these).