For Naturally Big Breasts (DD) - Implants Before or After Kids to Help with Sagginess?

I am a natural DD and I was wondering if it is better to get implants to preserve the perkiness and symmetry of breasts before having kids.. Or is it better to get a lift after having kids. Im trying to avoid having a lot of scarring and losing the natural look of my breasts. Thank you

Large breasts that are saggy, will not benefit from implants alone.

+1

Typically larger breasts after childbearing requires a lift.  An implant will make saggy breasts larger. and still saggy looking.

Breast Implants after pregnancy

+1

Breast augmentation is a very effective way to resotre the aapearance fo the breasts after pregnancy. Whether to have them before or after children is a personal decision. Having implants before child birth probably does not have much effect on protecting , or detracting, from their appearance afterwards.

Bernard Shuster, MD
Hollywood Plastic Surgeon

Implants will add volume and make your breasts larger

+1

I do not recommend placing implants at this time to avoid scarring later.  If you would like larger and fuller breasts then I would recommend having implants placed.  Depending upon how large your breasts are during pregnancy and breast feeding, you may need a lift at a later date.

Marisa Lawrence, MD

Lift/implants before or after children

+1

In most cases, it is advisable to wait until after having children and breastfeeding before performing corrective surgery on your breasts. The reason for this is that your breasts are likely to change dramatically after pregnancy/breastfeeding. Wait until you have kids and then establish your goals for the look of your breasts. Be aware that although implants can provide a modest lift by filling out more of the skin of the breast, if you are already a DD, an increase in size may be exactly what you don't want! In cases where you are happy with the size of your breasts (ie. how they look/feel in a supportive bra), then avoid implants and seek out a mastopexy or breast lift only.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgery timing

+1

It is hard to say to you what would be best for you, You shoudl decide on yoru goals. If you want a lift in the future, you may want to opt to do so after having kids.  Since it sounds like you have large breasts to begin with, putting implants in will only make them larger.

Breast implants or a breast lift

+1

If you are happy with the shape and size of your breasts at this time, then I would not recommend doing any kind of preventive procedure.  With pregnancy, things usually change and depending on the elasticity of your skin will determine which procedure would be indicated.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Timing of breast implants

+1

If you are choosing to have children in the near future, then it is best to wait for the implants.  With pregnancy the breasts can become more ptotic and postponing the surgery until after the pregnancy would be advised.  However, if having children in the new year or so is not planned, then there is really no reason to hold off on implants.

David Shafer, MD

For Naturally Big Breasts (DD) - Implants Before or After Kids to Help with Sagginess

+1

Tough tough question. You did not post photos to see the level of your nipple/areolar complexes. So my guess would be to wait. See boarded surgeons in your area. 

Naturally big breasts and pregnancy

+1

Breast implants are only for size and act like pillows. They do not lift the breast and they will not prevent changes due to pregnancy, weight changes, hormones, or aging. I disagree with the conventional wisdom expressed in one of the answers that breast implants add weight to the breast and will tend to cause sagging. Breasts sag because of uncontrolled and unpredictable effects including pregnancy. I would agree that you don't need an implant now and should await the size and look of the breast after pregnancy. You might even end up needing a reduction along with a lift after pregnancy or you might lose enough volume to benefit from an implant later. The need for a lift is determined by the nipple position relative to the inframammary crease behind/under the breast and is corrected by a lift procedure (mastopexy) and not by implants. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Breast Surgery with regard to pregnancy

+1

If you are a DD already, you do not need an implant unless you wanted to be much bigger. Implants do not lift a breast or prevent sagging. In fact, they do the opposite. They increase size and weight, and the heaviness aggravates sagging. Breast lift surgery treats sagging. I would have kids,  reassess the breasts after pregnancy, and if sagging is an issue for you, a breast lift is indicated. There is no way to lift the breast without scars-if there were, we would be doing it that way!

Hayley Brown, MD