Natural Way to Lose Fat Under Chin?

Iam a 40-year-old woman in pretty good shape with slender built and decent skin elasticity. I have a small stubborn pocket of fat under my chin. I was wondering if there is a natural way to try to reduce it, such as some weight loss or neck muscle exercises or even advertised chin straps? Is this a waste of time? I am afraid that Liposuction will leave loose skin. Thanks for your time!

Chin liposuction

+1

If you have an area of localized fat under your chin, liposuction may be the best option for you, especially if you are already at your ideal weight. Some people have areas of fat that are genetically more resistant to diet and exercise. If you are thin but are having difficulty losing weight or fat just beneath your chin, liposuction, which can be done under mild sedation, is a great solution. If your skin in that area is free of stretch marks and of good elasticity, the skin should contract and shrink back to a very nice contour. You will need to wear a chin strap/garment for a few weeks to ensure a smooth contour.

I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate for liposuction of the chin.

Dr. Bruno

Fat under the chin.

+1

Hi!

1) Unfortunately, there is no non surgical way to correct this problem. Save your money.

2) Don't assume that a bulge under your chin is necessarily fat, although it probably is. It could be redundant muscle. The point is you need a detailed exam.

3) The good news is that well-done liposuction under the chin is easy, safe, effective, and will not leave you with loose skin.

4) Look at the link below.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Liposuction or Zerona should be very helpful for under chin fat

+1

Liposuction with the micro canulas and under local anesthesia only is a good way to go to get rid of under the chin fat. You will also get some skin tightening as well for about $2500-3000. Zerona is a laser treatment to shrink the area and is done painlessly with no bruising or downtime for $2440 for the six treatments over a 2 week period.

Good Luck.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Not really!

+1

If it sounds too good to be true....etc. Liposuction may give you some improvement depending where under the chin the fat is located. Otherwise, you are correct, there would be excess skin which would need to be removed with a facelift.

Liposuction will stimulate some skin tightening

+1

Dear Beach Bum

Losing weight is generally very helpful. It does not take a whole lot of weight loss to make a nice difference under the chin and in the face. Liposuction is actually a very good means of improving the chin. The procedure can be done in the office under local anesthesia with very little down time (Have chin lipo on Thursday and return to work on Monday). As the tissues heal from the procedure, there is tightening of the skin. This is a great option.

No magic methods of eliminating fat from chin area

+1

If we could figure this out, it would be a miracle. There are no magic treatments for localized fatty deposits. This is why mesotherapy, external ultrasound, radiofrequency treatments, etc are so popular. However, very few of these techniques deliver consistent results with minimal risk.