Will Silikon 1000 Injections in Lips Look Natural?

I am a singer and have noticed as I am approaching 40 that, even though I've never smoked a day in my life, I am getting scarring around my lips from singing oooo for 35 years. I am wondering if the silikon 1000 injections will look strange in that puckered position because they have no place to go? I'm not sure if that makes sense. But when I was younger, I imagine I had the same creases but the skin jumped back. If there are no creases anymore how will the skin move? Thanks!

Silikon Injections for lips

+2

Silikon lip injection occupies a small part of my practice. It's a permanent filler that is injected off-label to plump up lips. Potential problems are difficult to correct, such as over filling, migration of material and infection. Nonetheless, there are a small number of patients who love this product. Usually they have had temporary fillers in the past and have liked the results, but don't want to keep coming back for injections. Others just have no desire for temporary fillers at all. If the product is injected by an experienced physician the risks of complications are very small - at least that has been my experience. I have yet to see a patient who hasn't been happy with the result. Just be sure you understand the potential downside and make sure your doctor has used this product before. It has a different feel than other fillers and requires a specific technique to obtain the best results. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Silikon 1000 in the lips is effective

+2

Welcome to maturity! As we mature, we lose elasticity in our skin and that is why those pesky lines have more staying power. Liquid Injectable silicone done in micro-droplet technique is very effective in treating these pucker lines. Done properly, there should be no feelable bumps and it shouldn't be visible no matter how you move your lips. Sincerely, Barry Resnik, MD, Miami, FL

Miami Dermatologist

Silicone for fine lines

+1

i believe that silicone can help with fine lines but it is really much more powerful to improve thinner lips.  part of the problem with fine lines it is hard for silicone to get into those fine lines unless they are deep enough to accommodate the product.  in other words in my opinion there is a fine line (pun intended) when silicone will work:  the lines have to be deep enough to work but not so deep that it will do very little and you would instead need dermabrasion.  seeing a doctor who is skilled at silicone injections would be important to make that decision.

best,

sml

Web reference: http://www.lamfacialplastics.com/procedures/lip-procedures/

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip lines from singing: Silikon 1000 versus botulinum toxin

+1

This is a good question and one of the reasons for using the microdroplet technique. You may find that the conservative use of botulinum toxin for the lines may prove useful and reversible.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/skin-procedures-chicago/injectables/