Natural-looking Rhinoplasty Options?

I would like my nasal tip refined and nostril size reduced. I like the basic shape and profile of my nose but feel it is disproportionately large in comparison to the rest of my face. I do not want to change its bridge, but am open to suggestions. Am I an appropriate candidate for rhinoplasty? I understand that reducing the width of the nasal tip can prove difficult, and I want the final product to resemble my existing nose. I do not like small, sloped noses with a pinched look. Thanks!

Options for Natural Results Following Rhinoplaasty

+2

If you like the nasal bridge you don't need a full rhinoplasty; limit the surgery to a tip-plasty which will narrow and  refine your tip to improve definition and make the tip proportional to the rest of your nose and face. It is difficult to see with the pictures submitted, but you do have a slight retraction of the nostril rim or a hanging columella.

Rhinoplasty

+2

You do not have to do anything to the bridge if you like the present look of the bridge. Trimming the upper edge of the tip cartilages and lowering the outer rim of the nostrils should get you closer to the look you want. These are standard procedures that could be performed by a qualified surgeon in your area.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Rhinoplasty

+2

Examining you in person is really the only way to figure out the best plan for your rhinoplasty.  You nostrils do not look bad in the photo.

Well-performed rhinoplasty Surgery may lead to a narrower appearance of your tip.

+2

Your nostril width does not appear to be too large, so this would not likely need to be modified. You appear to have thin nasal skin, and this may increase the possibility of getting tip irregularities after nose job surgery. Please choose your Rhinoplasty Surgeon wisely, and visit several for consultations before moving forward. You could check abfprs.org for a list of certified specialists near you. Hope this helps. Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Natural-looking Rhinoplasty Options?

+1

IMHO, aesthetically the profile looks good as does the angle of tip rotation.  From the front the nasal bones are wide as is the nasl tip.  Closed Rhinoplasty to thin the nasal bones and tip would be recommended.  Be sure that the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you choose, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal beauty) for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.