Would I Be Able to Have a Natural Looking Refined Tip and Nostril Reduction?

I really want to have my nostrils reduced they flare out and make me appear to be mad at times, I am just scared that I would get a nose job that looks like some of the botched ones that look very obvious they have had a nose job. Do you think it would be easy to fix my nose without making it look unnatural ? Would they have to shave the tip down?

Nose refinement that looks natural

+1

Indeed, the tip of the nose can be refined and feminized according to the pictures shown. A small amount of cephalic trim of the lower lateral cartilages could be removed. Alarplasties can also be performed to narrow the nostrils. It is important to keep the nose looking very natural so that they do not look like you have had a rhinoplasty.

Natural Rhinoplasty Result

+1

No rhinoplasty is "easy", but you should expect a natural result if done by an experienced surgeon. Anything less would be unacceptable for patient and surgeon.

Nostril Flare Correction

+1

Nostril reduction alone in your case would make the tip look bigger.

I would suggest a tip-plasty procedure to reduce the volume and narrow then tip. A conservative nostril sill reduction would reduce the flare. Overall, the tip would be narrower all over and remain in balance.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril reduction

+1

Flared nostrils are just one of the things that nasal surgery can improve. You have to find the right doctor to treat you in your community. Choose wisely.

Natural Looking Nasal Tip & Nostril with Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, rhinoplasty may naturally reshape the nasal tip and nostrils. However, the level of complexity can only be determined after a comprehensive evaluation.

Rhinoplasty is not one operation, but many potential operations. Rhinoplasty surgery is unique for each person based on individual anatomy and personal goals. Cosmetic nose surgery to reduce nostrils involve removing some skin in the area. The width or flare of the nose can be adjusted. Tip rhinoplasty may be performed via an endonasal (closed) or open approach to refine and narrow the tip.

Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a rhinoplasty surgeon can he/she help determine appropriate options for you. Speak with a couple plastic surgeons in your area.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Natural looking nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

Yes, you can get this if you choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who makes noses look natural, not surgical. Look at the surgeon's long term results and speak with his patients.

Nostril reduction

+1

A nostril reduction by itself can be easily accomplished with relatively minimal scarring. If you don't want your tip touched, discuss this with the surgeon.

Flared nostrils

+1

A wide base or flared nostrils can be treated surgically with what's called an alar base reduction.  There are three things that may need to be addressed with alar base reduction.  1) The circumference of the nostrils can be made smaller, 2) The width of the base of the nose can be brought in if necessary, and 3) the alar flare, or the amount the ala stick out before reinserting onto the upper lip, can be reduced.  An evaluation would be necessary to assess the other aspects of your nose to make a definitive decision as to what would benefit you most and provide a natural, unoperated appearance.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon