Is a Natural Looking Nose Possible with Rhinoplasty?

I'm looking to get Rhinoplasty to fix issues with my nose. I do not want to look like a different person after. Is it standard for doctors to show me a concept of my new nose and what are the estimated costs? Can a change be done without looking too drastic?

Natural Rhinoplasty Possible, But Find a Rhinoplasty Specialist

+1

It is possible for rhinoplasty results to appear natural as long as the nose is proportioanl and in balance with the other facial features. The best nose job is one in which other people cant tell that surgery has been performed. While many "cosmetic surgeons" occasionally perform rhinoplasty, the single most important factor for obtaining natural results is to choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Find either a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or ENT/Facial Plastic Surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty.

To get a better understanding of what your nose would look like after surgery, your prospective rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to show you before and after computer simulations. Many rhinoplasty surgeons use computer imaging, and recently 3D rhinoplasty imaging has become available (see link below). It is important to realize that the imaging is used to set goals for surgery and not to imply or guarantee results.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

A natural look after rhinoplasty is possible

+1

Yes, it is possible to perform a rhinoplasty and still have a natural look. You will not look like a different person. It is very common to do computer imaging to show what the concept would be of a new nose. Estimated cost for a rhinoplasty is approximately $5,800 to $6,000. The changes that can be made can be made less dramatic.

Yes, but you must choose wisely!

+1

Look at the doctor's before and after photos. Make sure that he likes AND DELIVERS natural looking noses. Seek out an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who makes you a nose that YOU are happy with, not him!

Natural results possible with Rhinoplasty

+1

Good rhinoplasty surgeons have the skills, knowledge and experience to know how to operate on a given nose without making it look "fake." This is what a good surgeon strives to achieve.

Your surgeon should be able to address all of your concerns. They should be able to show you before and after pictures of their results. You should like their results and feel comfortable about their recommendations.

Most surgeons, including myself, have computer imaging programs that can give you a fairly good idea of what your nose will look like. Just remember that a computer can't predict how you heal so those imaging pictures can't be taken as a guarantee of your results.

A natural result is what all surgeons should be creating. Make sure your surgeon demonstrates to you their ability to accomplish this.

John Diaz, MD

Natural Appearing Noses Can Routinely Be Achieved

+1

Your nose can and should look very natural after a rhinoplasty. Of course the key is to select an experienced surgeon who is an expert in doing Rhinoplasties. Be sure and see if you like the pictures shown both in the offce and on the website. Then make sure that you get a feel for the goals of the surgeon at the time of the consult!

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon