Natural Looking Lip Augmentation? (photo)

I have average looking lips, which sometimes even look plump whit the right kind of lipstick. I really love big lips and I wish to have something done to enhance mine in that direction, but I would detest a result that looks obviously fake or the "duck look". What would be, looking at my lips, the better option? Filler,implants, a lift? Or even nothing? I don't consider my lips a defect, I'd just like to better them towards the look I like, but not so much that I'd risk a "fake face". Thanks :)

Natural looking lip augmentation?

+1

In general, lip augmentation with Juvederm yields a great looking and natural result. It can be used conservatively, and create a natural appearance. I would recommend seeking a consult with a board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon. They are all fantastic choices. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

The Secret to Luscious Lips

+1

Based on your photos, I would recommend injections of Restylane, an FDA-approved dermal filler made from hyalouronic acid, which is naturally produced by the body.  Restylane was initially introduced as an anti-aging treatment; however, it has become equally popular for lip enhancement. Because of its consistency, it is routinely used to shape and plump lips, adding volume and definition while correcting asymmetry. Restylane should only be administered by a licensed and experienced medical professional. After it is, look for luscious results - including a well-defined Cupid’s bow - that will last for 6 months or more.

Hal Michael Bass, MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Natural looking lip augmentation

+1

In the face it is a good idea to start with something non permanent. The soft and hard tissue of the face will change with time. We usually start out with a hyaluronic acid based filler, (i.e.; juvederm, restylane).  Best to see a few experienced injectors and see what they offer.  The lips can look natural and still have the volume that you want.  The hyaluronic acid usually is soft, smooth, and kissable.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Lip Augmentation with Fillers, Implants, or Surgery

+1

Thank you for the great question and your pics. There are a number of options. The least invasive is injection of soft tissue fillers. For the lips, I use hyaluronic acid fillers (HAs), usually Juvederm or Restylane.  The only real downside is that the treatment will wear off after about 9 months.  Lip implants are the next option, which are permanent but have the potential for problems with scarring or malposition. In general, I prefer other methods of lip augmentation.  Lastly, there are surgical procedures to enlarge the lips, such as the V-Y lip augmentation. This can be an excellent procedure but requires a fair bit of follow up and careful postoperative maintenance. All that being said, your lips look great. Best of luck!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation alternatives.

+1

The other surgeons have discussed alternatives but you do NOT need any of these. You have great lips that r full. Leave them alone!

Lip implants give a natural permanent enhancement.

+1

Fuller lips look great. The lip implants are easy to do and take only 20 min to put in for roughly 1500-2000/implant under local anesthesia. They look natural and come in various sizes etc... Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

I think at the present time, lip fillers using hyaluronic acids are the best choice to produce full lips consistently.

Choices for lip augmentation

+1

There are a variety of choices for enhancing the lips, all of which can produce natural appearing results when done with taste. Hyaluronic acid fillers such as restylane or juvederm can sculpt the lips very nicely and may last for 9 months or longer. Soft silicone implants are reversible but can give permanent volume enhancement. Finally, surgical procedures such as the lip lift or lip advancement are used in select cases. Seek out an experienced physician to guide you to the right choice.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Natural Appearing Lip Augmentation

+1

Lip augmentation is a very popular procedure.  There are a couple of different options, including fillers and lip implants.  Fillers are a temporary option that is best if you have lip asymmetry and need correction along with enhancement.  If you are seeking a permanent but reversible option, lip implants would be a great option.  Lip implants come in different sizes and are customized for your lips.  There is no visible incision--only stab incisions on the inside of the corners of your mouth.  The most important thing is to have this done so it looks natural and balanced with the rest of your face.  You don't want to look like a duck or have a trout pout.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD