How Natural Can Implants Really Look on a Woman with AA Breasts?

I am a 29 year old woman with no children and have been thinking of having BA for a very long time. I have extremely small breasts (not being dramatic, its just a fact) and am concerned that if I look to my desired size (B-C) from my current size (AA) that the results will not look natural. What type of implant will result in the most natural, and un-basketball-y, result. I'd like my breasts to look like breasts and not coconuts :).

Natural Looking Breast Implants

+7
I see many women in my practice with very small breast prior to surgery. Women with almost no breast tissue can - and should have a natural look with breast augmentation.  A silicone gel implant's more natural feel will be much more important to patients who are slender and who fit in an A cup bra preoperatively, as they have less subcutaneous soft tissue and breast tissue to conceal the implant.
I view breast augmentation as more than a breast enhancement surgery. It is a total body contouring surgery, and the breast profile that one creates with implants should match a patient's overall figure. It should appear completely plausible that the breasts have not been surgically enhanced. I want for my patient's appearance to make others think "Wow - what a great figure", not "I wonder who her plastic surgeon is".
Over and over I hear patients remark, after reviewing some of our `before and after' photos, that they had no idea that a breast augmentation could look so natural. It can, and in my opinion it should. Having practiced plastic surgery in the 'breast augmentation capital of the world' (Los Angeles), and having performed hundreds of breast augmentations in North Carolina for patients who are seeking a breast enhancement that looks like it actually is a natural part of their body, I have developed some fairly strong opinions about this operation.
When considering breast augmentation surgery, I believe that the most important question for a prospective patient to ask themselves is this: Am I seeking a natural-appearing result? If the answer is yes, then seek out a surgeon who has the same aesthetic sensibility that you have (and appropriate training and experience). And insist on seeing `before and after' photos. A lot of them.
I urge you to view many, many before and after photos and pay special attaention to tother women who are starting with very small breasts with a result that appears natural.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Natural looking breast implants - totally achievable!

+1
I use a technique called dimensional breast augmentation which involves taking in a number of factors and measurements, so each patient is unique. That being said, given your height, weight, and your activity level, along with the fact you are considering a lift, I would say you are probably not that far off in choosing an implant in that range. Best thing to do is to see a qualified plastic surgeon that has good breast expertise.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Natural Looking breast augmentation.

+1

Any reputable surgeon will caution you against augmenting your breasts greater than your body will accommodate from an aesthetic view point.  For example, I would not implant 700 cc implants into a very petite woman.  The type and size of the implant very much depends on your body type and size.   So, yes, you can have a beautiful natural look.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pick an implant that fits the shape and curve of the rest of your body to be proportional

+1

Thank you for your question. The most natural look would come from a modestly projected silicone implant to minimize the change of rippling which if you are very thin, you  will have some.  Also, as long as you choose an implant that is in proportion with the shapes and curves of the rest of your body then it will have a tendency to look natural.  If you don't have hips, then don' t go with a large implant because it may look out of proportion. To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Concern regarding about naturalness of a breast augmentation when starting with a AA cup size

+1

Given your AA cup size, there will be inherent limitations as to what natural really is. In clothes you can look natural. Out of clothes you still can look very good but you will have less tissue to camouflage the implant compared to someone who has some breast tissue and fat. (Photos could be helpful.)

You definitely need to select silicone breast implants and have them placed behind the muscle (submuscular pocket). It would be prudent to stay a little smaller rather than a little larger if you are looking for true "natural" though a larger implant would give you a more 3 dimensional and dynamic look. 

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Natural looking breast augmentation in a woman with a very small breasts

+1

It is definitely possible to obtain a natural looking breast augmentation with your very small AA breasts, specially if you want to be a B or small C cup size. The following are important factor that you should consider: 1- Select a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience (more years in practice=more breast surgeries=more experience). 2-Submuscular placement of the implants. 3-Silicon implants. 4-Proper selection of the volume,shape and profile of the implants according to your anatomy. 5- Symmetrical and adequate dissection of the pocket for the implants. I also recommend that you read my blog "Breast augmentation consult" on my website " before consulting your plastic surgeon.

A. H. Nezami, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Natural Looking Breast Implants

+1

I think that it is very possible for you to obtain a naturally result with augmentation if you select an implant which is not too large for your breast and is placed under your chest muscle.  I would also suggest that you choose a silicone implant which is more likely than a saline implant to give a natural appearance.

John Whitt, MD

Appearance of Breasts After Augmentation

+1

Your result will look like the shape of the implants, so rounder and youthful. The final look depends a great deal on the look of the breast tissue over the implants. Silicone will seem more natural to you than saline implants due to its consistency.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Can implants give a natural look in someone with AA cup size?

+1

The short answer is no. You do not state how tall you are and what is your weight. Small submuscular gel implants (180-225cc range) will not give you "coconuts", but you will have a rounder, augmented look. Another option might be fat injection breast augmentation. Depending how much fat you have to do this procedure, it might take 2-3 sessions to achieve the desired result.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon