Natural Implant to Make Me One Size Bigger?

What size implant would i need to make me one size bigger? I've been advised to have 290 cc low profile silcone but I'm worried this will be too big? I am 5'4 and 120lb

Natural plant to make me one size bigger?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! Given your description and wishes, a small implant may be the right one for you. The most important determination for the correct implant size is the width of of your breast. Choosing one that fits your breast perfectly would be the ideal one for you. Although there are a few smaller sized implants available, an evaluation and examination by a plastic surgeon of your breast characteristics, breast width, and skin/soft tissue laxity are very important in picking the right implant to meet your desires. Consideration for the gummy bear implant is also a thought. Photographs of what you envision for yourself may be helpful during your consultation.

Consult with a surgeon who will discuss the various options, implants, incision location, implant placement, etc. it is difficult to give you recommendations without an examination and measurements. Good luck and best wishes for a terrific result!

Going one cup size larger for breast implant surgery

+1

In my experience the 290 cc implant will make you larger than one cup. Try a 275cc sizer in a bra and see if this accomplishes your goals as this would be roughly comparable to an implanted 290cc implant. Be prepared that your breasts are relatively low set on your torso and a small implant will settle into the lower portions of the breast.

There are numerous increased risks associated with this, and I am sure I will not even touch on half of them, but consider the following.

The size of the implant has been associated with:

1.Increased risk of loss of nipple sensation
2.Increased risk for long term breast ptosis (sagging)
3.Increased risk for chest wall deformation (curving of the ribs)
4.Increased risk of rippling or palpable /visible creases
5.Increased risk of lower pole tissue attenuation (thinning of the tissues of the breast)
6.Increased risk of secondary revisionary procedures
These are a few of the risks off the top of my head. Please discuss with your surgeon.

Most importantly, remember that although you are seeking breast enlargement, many women complain of breast overgrowth desiring breast reduction. These women report limited physical activity, neck/back/shoulder pain, shoulder grooving from bra straps, numbness in the fingers, rashes beneath the breasts, etc.

Increasing breast size by one cup

+1

There is a way to determine an increase of about one cup size and be sure it will look natural. I have reviewed the picture and you are suitable for augmentation and a properly sized low profile implant will fill out the scalloped upper pole to look quite natural. I have reviewed the other answers given and I would disagree that skin or tissue tone has anything to do with it. I also disagree that external sizers are a good way to determine implant size and effect. The best way to determine implant size/volume is to measure the width of your breast upright with arms down across the center. Subtract about 3/4 of a cm from this width and you will have the correct diameter of the implant that will fit. If you choose a low profile implant (in saline it's called low profile from Allergan but in silicone gels it's not called low profile but is the lowest profile available in smooth surface, round implants of either manufacturer) your breast should end up looking natural and about a cup size larger. (I agree that cup sizes given on bras are quite variable. This might be 290 cc's but it's best to look up the correct width under the lowest profile gels and find out what that implant volume is. If it's placed correctly and heals in the correct position it should give you what you're looking for. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Cup size and volume

+1

One must realize that there is no universal standard on cup sizes as there is for true measurements such as inches or meters. If you purchase 5 different bras all 34 C cups at 5 different stores and bring them home and measure them you have 5 different size bras. Also you need to consider that within each cup size, usually 200-250cc of volume, you can be a small C, medium C or a full C. Trying on an implant is the best course of action to determine what volume you actually want your breast to be. Looking at your picture I would recommend an implant with more projection than a low profile implant as I believe you could use a little more projection.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Breast Implant Sizing

+1
There are multiple tricks to help pick implant size, including use of external sizers. However, the only real way to do this is with a thorough discussion with your Plastic Surgeon after an examination including measurements.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Sizing implants

+1

My recommendation would be to go to your board - certified plastic surgeon's office and try on several different implants in a sports bra with some tighter - fitting clothes to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. 

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

290 cc breast implants too large to go up one cup size.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes
Article by George J. Beraka, MD

1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

A natural increase of one cup size in breast augmentation

+1

The size of an implant, its diameter and profile all go into determining a size increase of one cup size. We find that the base diameter and desired projection will lead to a suggested volume, and your surgeon may have estimated that given your chest size and current breast size, the low profile gel implant of 290 cc will give the fill and projection to bring you up the one cup you are looking for. My bet is your surgeon is right. The 'final implant may be slightly smaller or larger, though the estimate seems to be a good one. As a rule of thumb an increase of 200 cc will increase the 'average' breast one cup.

peterejohnsonmd

+1

I agree with the cc size NOT the profile. Use HIGH PROFILE!!! You need projection not width. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

This is a good choice for 1 cup size increase.

+1

Given your height and weight, and noting from your photo that you have attractive ptotic (droop or skin sag) breasts, implants around 250cc -300cc will add about one cup size to your breast volume. I generally tell patients that 250cc equals about one cup size.

In the US, Mentor and Allergan (McGhan) are the only two implant manufacturers that produce FDA-approved implants, both saline and silicone. Other companies are producing implants in various phases of FDA review but are not yet released for general use by all plastic surgeons. The reason I bring this up is that the only implant that is a 290cc implant is a style 115 McGhan (Allergan) midrange profile implant. Since you do not wish to be too large, I believe you are best served by the widest implant width (lowest profile, called "moderate profile") which will fit your breast base diameter. A 300cc Mentor style 7000 smooth, round, moderate profile implant will likely be a good fit for you; it has a 13.5cm base diameter. Realize that 10cc is two teaspoons volume; you cannot see anything less than about a 60cc difference,

Since you have attractive breasts and you want only one cup size larger, you should have an awesome result! Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon