Any Natural or Nonsurgical Way to Fix Mild Ectropion on Lower Lid?

One of my lower eyelids droops a little lower than the other. This leads me to believe I have a case of mild ectropion. The only reason it bothers me is because on the eye in which the lid droops, more white of the eye is exposed from the bottom of the iris to the lower lid. It sort of looks like the iris in this eye is positioned higher than the other eye due to it. There is no real dryness or tearing, and my vision is normal for the most part. Any natural way to fix it?

Ectropion repair

+1

There really is no non-surgical way to treat ectropion.  The only way to treat ectropion properly is by surgery. This can be done by canthopexy or canthoplasty possibly.

Any natural or nonsurgical way to fix mild ectropion on lower lid

+1

The only non surgical way would be Botox droplets into the lower eyelid muscle but this is very temporary and I do not recommend it.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Repair of ectropion will require surgery

+1

Ectropion, or a looseness and pulling away of the lower lid, can be a result of aging and loss of lid tone. A floppy lower lid may also be unmasked by a lower blepharoplasty with ectropion or a showing of the white of the eye above the lower lid, called 'scleral show'. Some individuals will naturally have some of the white showing, however when the eye is opened further after blepharoplasty, dryness or irritation can result.

There are no natural ways to correct ectropion whether it occurs naturally, or after lower lid surgery. If seen early after surgery massage may help, but inherited looseness will need surgical correction. When assessing for lid rejuvenation we always check the lower lid tone and if necessary will complete a canthoplasty, or a tightening of the lower lid to improve or maintain the lid position at the time of blepharoplasty. If the condition is inherited, a canthoplasty alone works very well with a minimum recovery. No massages or drops will fix the lid.

peterejohnsonmd

Nonsurgical methods of treating ectropion or increased scleral show

+1

When patients have undergone surgery and one lid droops, massage and time can often improve their condition if it is minor.

When the lid droops in a patient, this condition cannot be corrected nonsurgically. Laser tightening and massage will not help raise the eyelid.

The most common cause for just one side drooping is a difference in the eyeball set inside the bone.

Usually when this condition is corrected-- if it needs to be corrected at all-- a cheek advancement procedure is necessary. We prefer an ultrashort incision cheeklift for this problem. If you loook closely enough, the problem is often present on both sides, but manifesting more on the side where the eyeball is more prominent.

Brent Moelleken, MD

NO non-invasive way to Lift a Sagging Lower Lid

+1

The condition bothering you "Scleral Show" is seen with increased looseness / laxity of the lower lid and / or its attachments to the sides of the orbit. The ONLY ways to fix it is to tighten the laxity which means surgery IE Canthopexy or Canthoplasty).

Doing chemical peels / laser peels or Botox on a lax lower lid would increase the pull on the lower lid markedly worsening the Scleral Show potentially converting it into Ectropion.

Non surgical correction for ectropion

+1

I am not aware of any non surgical way to provide definitive correction for ectropion. I would definitely avoid Botulinum toxin as this could worsen the condition. Theoretically eye exercises could provide subtle improvement. Taping of the eyelid is another option that is not popular.