Natural Fillers Following Silicon Injections 13 Years Ago?

I had silicon lip injections to my top lip in 2000. I feel like it has gone down. My Botox lady suggested I use fillers to plump it up again. Because of all the controversy surrounding silicon injections, I'm apprehensive about touching my lip again. Though, I would prefer my lip back plump. Is it safe to use natural fillers after silicon injections? Thank you.

Natural fillers after silicone in lip

+2

I am not sure what you mean by natural fillers. Certainly hyaluronic acid fillers like Perlane, Juvederm, and Restylane are good products to augment the lips.

Fat transfers are possible after silicone injections provided there is minimal inflammation

+1
Our office spec ializes in the treatment of silicone injections to the buttocks, face, and soft tissue. Liquid silicone in primarily used to enhance soft tissue volume and patients gravitate towards the filler because of its permanence.We see patients from across the country who have complications arising from silicone injections to soft tissue.The silicone, depending on the amount of contaminants contained in the injection, can cause a severe inflammatory reaction that can cause permanent changes to the skin, leading to pain, itching, burning, ulcers, fibrosis, and swelling, among other problems. In our plastic surgery office, we have employed conservative as well as surgical protocols to help patients deal with the permanent deformities stemming from PMMA, biogel, biopolymer, biopolimera, artefill, artecoll, and other injections.
The first stage in improving your condition would be to schedule a consultation to discuss your options after a complete examination is made.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Other Fillers After Silicone Injections

+1

I also am not sure what you mean by "natural fillers." What I can tell you is that having silicone injected into your lips 10 years ago should not prohibit you from doing other lip injections later on.   Most importantly, you should have a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon inject your lips for you. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD