Natural Facelift Options - Do They Work?

i was researching natural facelift options and keep seeing forums where women talk about fantastic products that do indeed lift and firm your face, diminish lines especially crows feet and frown lines. i have not found any thing that does this natural face lifting.  is it my skin or degree of skin saging, or do you think these people are shills in blogs and forums?

Nothing replaces a facelift

If you need a facelift, there is no alternative. If you just have fine lines around your eyes, you may benefit from Botox Cosmetic for the crow's feet. If you have moderate nasolabial folds, you may benefit from fillers. However, if you have any loose or drooping skin, then facelift is really your only alternative. Good luck.

Miracle creams: Don't count on it!

There are few if any products that produce significant and sustained resutls. Probably the only "miracle" cream to date that has true anti-aging and rejuvenative benefits is Retin-A

Skin creams won't give you a facelift

The over-the-counter skin cream remedies are a $16 billion industry a year. There will always be the next best skin cream. Nothing, yet, can replace a well-done facelift.

Dr. S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

No "natural" facelift

Many of these products produce some "tightening" by increasing the water in the skin. This movement of water is temporary and at best produces mild results. You will be wasting your money.

Years ago, I was in Italy with my parents, and my mother bought a cream that would shrink her fat. My father, a surgeon, rolled his eyes, and told her the same thing all of us have stated in our answers.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

No such thing as a "natural" facelift other than well done surgery

There are zero products, including both medical grade and over-the-counter ones that can even remotely simulate the results of a well performed facelift.    

Natural Facelifts Don't Work, Facelifts Do.

Thank you for your important question. The problem is not with your skin but due to the fact that natural remedies just cannot lift or significantly tighten your skin.

It is a sad fact that millions are spent on false promises by skin care products especially on the internet.

The same is true for non-surgical skin tightening lasers, ultrasound and other devices.

Do not believe the dishonest photos that you see.

If you have significant facial aging with sagging of the cheeks, jaw line and neck see a reputable Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an honest appraisal and recommendation.

A Natural Facelift

Topical creams as part of a home skin care regimen are an important part of improving and maintaining aged skin.  Medical grade products such as glycolic acids, retin-A, antioxidants, sunscreens, etc., can help with brown spots, finer lines and wrinkles, textural changes, and skin color.  Some experts argue that there is some though subtle tightening effects from these medications.  Unfortunately, there is no topical product available that gives you the result of a well performed facelift. In our practice, we actually perform a 'Natural Facelift' that is a surgical procedure but doesn't make you look pulled or artificial.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Natural Facelift Options

There are no true natural facelift options. Most of them are late night 30-60 second infomercials that prey on individuals who desire “beauty in a bottle”. None of that works. There are no non-natural facelift options at this time.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Face lifts

Natural options meannig the use of topical products  will have only a topical effect.  As a rule of thumb the more  invasive procedures will provied  more dramatic results, the less invasive procedures will provide more limited results.  Its si important what is your case and what  do you expect from is product or procedure.   Than You

Natural Facelift Products: False Advertising

Dr. Rand has described it very succinctly.  If you buy these products with the hopes of simulating a Facelift result, you will be wasting your money.  Cosmetic creams are not regulated by the FDA and their advertising is not subject to scrutiny.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon