Having Natural Looking Face Lift With Dentures?

I have full set of dentures do they get removed during opp and if so how is a correct lift made that looks right when teeth back in

Dentures and facelifts

+2

Wear them at surgery. They provide volume to the area. Previously there were special dentures that were constructed to fill out this area better. Now with fat grafting we can fill out this area effectively without the " outriggers" prosthodontists used on some dentures 

Dentures and Facelift

+1

Facelifting techniques alter a number of different tissues, but the pull on any of those should not have an effect on how the dentures seat or look.  If there is contemplation of fat grafting or filler around the perioral area, it may be reasonable to have the dentures placed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Face-and-Neck-Lift.php

Facelift and patients with dentures

+1

Removal of dentures is usually mandated by the anesthesia department during the time of the surgery.  The reason for this is to make sure that during surgery there are not any airway issue related to loose dentures.  A nice corrective facelift can still be performed, even though the dentures are not in place and the patient should be quite happy with the new anticipated result.

Dentures Left In During Facelift

+1

It is actually important to wear your dentures during a facelift as they support the soft tissue and aid your plastic surgeon during the surgery.

Dentures at time of surgery.

+1

The use of dentures does alter the appearance of the face. My anesthesiologists like them removed for intubation (putting you to sleep) and I then place them back in the mouth for the surgery so I can achieve the look we discussed preoperatively. The dentures are then removed before you wake up for safety reasons.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Face lift and dentures

+1

The face lift should be that hard to adjust with the use of dentures. With dentures though you facial bone structure could be getting smaller and implants could help to achieve a overall better result. I would also consider volumizing with fat injections or fillers.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I have performed Face Lifts for over 25 years and many on patients who wear dentures.  The dentures add volume to the mouth area, which is not dissected during a Face Lift and as such will not affect or be affected by the dentures.  The dentures may be removed once you are about to be placed asleep with the anesthesia as a safety precaution but other than that...your Face Lift would be performed and results obtained similarly to someone that doesn't have dentures.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Dentures and facelift

+1

As someone who is a board certified dentist and board certified plastic surgeon, I would say it can make a difference. When dentures are made the teeth are set to a certain distance below the lip and the acrylic base is filled to reduce the depression  of the nasolabial crease and corners of the mouth. Once a facelift is done it may be necessary to adjust the dentures. However major adjustments are generally unecessary. You can go you your dentist and have the dentures re-based if you feel your dentures are not harmonius with your facelift.

Dentures and Face and Neck Lift Procedures

+1

Temporary denture removal during a well planned and performed face and neck lift will not alter its outcome.  All concerns should be discussed with your surgeon. 

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

In any local sedation anesthesie any mouth prosthesis is removed

+1

only at general anesthesie  mouth prosthesis is  removed,  facial and  neck lifting  with or without mouth prosthesis would it  modified, except in the case of  modelants injection than must be in their position

Mexico Plastic Surgeon