Do Natural Breast Enhancements Work?

I'm curious about all the different natural breast enhancements out there. I am wondering if they really work.

Natural Breast enlargement

+2

Most Natural breast enlargement treatments such as medication, creams, etc do not work. The Brava system, in which  a suction cup bra is worn most of the time can increase cup size by about 1/2 cup--results are variable. In addition, compliance is a real issue. It is extremely difficult to wear this device 15 hours per day, every day, for months. Results can be so subtle, and will never get close to results achieved with surgery. 

Do Natural Breast Enhancements Work?

+1

There is no safe/effective medication, cream, herb, or nonsurgical  method to significantly increase breast size. Be careful about believing heavily marketed “miracles" that you will undoubtedly read/hear about.  Best wishes.

Pills and creams

+1

Please do not be fooled into thinking pills and creams will enlarge sure breast safely.  Not even natural substances. Remember even cyanide is a natural occurring substance in plants.The pills and creams are generally gimmicks. Please save your money and see a board certified plastic surgeon for straight honest answers.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Natural breast enhancement therapies

+1

There are many purported therapies from lotions and creams to vitamins and supplements. Unfortunately, the majority of these have no proven benefit in the enlargement of breasts. Currently, breast enlargement can only be achieved either through implants or through transfer of tissue (vascularized flaps or fat transfer). If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Natural breast enhancements are unproven

+1

Creams and lotion, natural estrogens, have been around for many years and are unproven to enhance breast development. Some of the first ads we have seen for these products date back to the 1890's. There is one system available called the Brava system which is a suction device worn at night which can enhance the breast by perhaps one-half cup size with effort and can be found on line.

peterejohnsonmd

Fat grafting to the breast has been made safe and effective with great results

+1

The Italians have been making significantly bigger breast safely for 17 years. The Bravo Bra was developed in Miami. The bra is used as a suction device which will enlarge the envelope of the breast and make it ready to accept a significant amount of fat grating which will significantly enlarge the breast. These results are real and significant. Unfortunately there is a significant patient requirement to wear this device 4-6 hours a day for 3-4 weeks prior to surgery. It is also necessary for the patient to have adequate extra fat to be grafted. But with the right patient natural breast enlargement is very successful. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

Fat grafting to the breast

+1

Our society only recently condoned the use of fat grafting for natural breast enhancements. It will be close to 10 years before anyone can give you the answer to this question. However, there is greater experience in Europe which suggests that this may be a safe option for limited size enhancments in the range of 200-300 cc.

"Natural" Breast Enhancements Do Not Work, and are probably not safe

+1

Hi there-

Pills that are supposed to increase breast size do not work, and may increase your risk of developing breast cancer.

Fat grafting to the breasts is possible, for a very modest increase in breast size, but the procedure is not accepted as safe or standard of care as of yet, because of significant concerns for the safety of the procedure.

Most importantly, there remain serious concerns about the appearance and feel of the fat in the breast- which can often mimic the appearance and feel of breast cancers, meaning that you may find yourself unnecessarily frightened every few years as your doctors try to figure out if you have breast cancer or if its just the fat you had placed in your breasts to make them larger. Not so smart in the long run in my opinion.

At the same time, and because of what I've explained above, most responsible plastic surgeons are not yet offering this to their patients. The only one I know in my region doing this is an eye doctor marketing it as Natualfill natural breast enhancement, and making it sound like he invented it....

An eye doctor offering to enhance your breasts using a procedure with a cute name... this should tell you all you need to know about this option.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Do natural breast enhancements work?

+1

If you are referring to a supplement or vitamin that is supposed to enhance the volume of the breast, the answer is no.  They supposedly "work" by looking chemically like estrogen or other hormones.  This is at the least ineffective for most people, and dangerous for some.

If you want volume in your breasts, go to a board certified plastic surgeon and hear all the options that would be right for you, as an individual.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Natural Breast Augmentation

+1

Do Natural Breast Enhancements Work?

I assume you are referring to the Brava system and fat transfer.  There is not a big increase in volume or breast size that can be achieved and we are not sure about breast cancer screeing, as 1 in 9 american women develop breast cancer.  Most plastic surgeons feel that it is not worth the risk, since we have the great option of silicone implants.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD