Will Natural Breast Augmentation - Fat Graft / Transfer to Breasts - Work for Me? (photo)

I am 22 years old... 5'5" ... 132 lbs. I want to enlarge my breasts, but i'm afraid my body will reject implants. I'm looking into natural breast augmentation. I would like to take fat from my thighs and butt and transfer it to my breasts. I currently wear 32/34B bra... (i'm a small B). After the procedure, i would like to achieve a full C cup. Would that be possible with a fat grafting procedure? If not, what do you recommend i do? Thank you! :)

Natural Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer Will Work for You but C cup doubtful

+2

Aesalt,

Natural Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer is growing in popularity. Like you, many worry about complications with traditional Breast Implants.

However at the present time Natural Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer is limited to about 150 to 200 cc's which is fairly small compared to the average Breast Augmentation done today.

My guess based on your photos is that you would achieve a full B after Natural Breast Augmentation. To get to a C cup I would guess that you will need an implant.

One method to estimate the volume of Breast Augmentation that you need is to do the Rice Test described in the link below.

Be sure to consult an experienced Plastic Surgeon Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Fat grafting is another option if your expectations are realistic

+2

The concept of fat grafting for the breast enlargement is very appealing because of the use of the patient own tissue and minimal scaring. The concerns with the fat grafting are fat survival,predictability of the result and the mammographic changes post fat grafting. There are some changes in mammogram that can be distinguised from breast cancer(breast implant and lift cause more changes).There are few plastic surgeon that have enough fat grafting to the breast to perform this i an effective way. I have started doing fat grafting since 2006 and have done more than 260 patients. Most of my patient are implant failure patient that are tired of the implant replacement,capsular contracture and unnatural results. I have formed fat grafting meeting (fatgraftforum.com)for advancing the science of fat grafting. You can check my web site for examples. If you expect not more than one cup enlargement and would like more cleavage,fat grafting by experienced plastic surgeon will work.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to breasts

+1
Transferring fat from thighs and hips into your breasts is a safe and effective procedure.  Most women will gain 1/2 to 1 cup in size.  If you are a small B and wish to be a full C, this is best achieved with breast implants.  Otherwise, you can have a series of fat transfers, at least 2, to try and achieve the same results.  Women do not really "reject" breast implants, but there can be come risks using them.  There are also unique risks to fat transfers.  I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss what would be best for you.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fat

+1
You have to have enough fat to transfer.  I typically only transfer between a 100 not 150 cc per side at a time.  The issue is how much fat you have to harvest.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Fat grafting is a valuable tool in breast surgery. This technique has gained more popularity over the past 7 years. There are many techniques used to harvest the fat, process the fat and then re-inject the fat. Conventional suction lipectomy is performed with a small diameter cannula, processed by separating the liquid and fibrous tissue from the fat, and then placed into syringes for re-injection or through a closed system.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Naturally enhanced breasts

+1

fat grafting for breast enhancement has become increasingly popular with more studies and qualified doctors doing the surgery.

it is also an excellent treatment for capsular contracture problems or failed implants

Natural breast augmention

+1

Thank you for your question and the photo.  Yes fat transfer to the breast is possible, and yes, it is being done by a few plastic surgeons.  A realistic expectation is to be able to get you from a small B to a full B - about 150 to 200cc of additional volume in each breast.  It would be a modest increase in breast size.  Using the BRAVA system in conjunction with fat grafting helps the success.

If you want a full C, then I recommend you consider the possibility of traditional breast augmentation.

To see what is right for you, consult with two or more plastic surgeons in your area who are board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Worthless

+1

It is my belief that fat grafting breasts is worthless and dangerous. With breast implants, the worst that can happen is you get capsules and you want the implants out and are left with a small scar. Most of the time, most of the fat goes away and can leave calsifications that look like cancer on a mammogram. The people who do this po po this fact, but it is true. Some women have had biopsies for this and they were not needed. Also you usually need multiple sessions, and in the end it costs as much as an augmentation with out the same good result of a procedure that has been done for over 40 years.

If you want to be a guinea pig, fat grafts are the way to go.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Fat transfer to breasts for augmentation

+1
Fat transfer for augmentation is still being studied and perfected as to how best harvest the fat, process the fat, inject the fat and the usefulness of preoperative and possibly postoperative skin stretching with Brava (vacuum suction) for 3-6 weeks which can be very onerous. Also, the survival of the transferred fat may be unpredictable, possibly losing a fair amount of the transferred fat. Thus, you may need a second surgery to add additional fat. The cost for fat transfer s considerably more expensive than implants. Your concerns of rejecting the implants are not warranted. Implants are not rejected in the sense you are probably thinking, like an organ transplant. Implant exposure is usually caused by smoking, infection or excessive tension on the incision site. Some medical conditions may increase your risk of wound healing problems.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to the breast

+1

Fat grafting is a reasonable alternative to breast enhancement without the use of an implant.   Each operation has its risks and benefits.   Explore your options and then decide what is the best choice for you.  Fat grafting is an alternative but it is not as reliable as a breast implant.  

Will Natural Breast Augmentation - Fat Graft / Transfer to Breasts - Work for Me?

+1

By looking at your photos, you should be a good candidate for autologous fat graft to your breasts, if you are seeking for small increments of volume enhancement and prefers autologous fat grafting instead of implant-based augmentation.  Even though you're thin, we should be able to get adequate amount of fat from multiple donor sites to achieve your goal.  From the procedure, we should be able to get approximately 200 to 300 cc of harvested fat from your lower back, outer thighs, upper arms, medial knees, and possibly buttock region. This will allow us to add about 100 to 150cc of fat graft to each breast. However, my best advice for you is to find a board certified plastic surgeon and have a personalized consultation. You can compare the merits and limitations between autologous fat graft versus implant-based augmentation. I hope this help you in your decision-making process.  Good luck!

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS