Natural Alternative to Botox?

I want to have it done on my forehead but I saw this review about a natural botox. Has anyone of you tried it? Please let me know, thanks!

Natural botox

+1

I am not aware of the natural botox to which you refer. Please realize that many medicines are derived from natural chemicals. They may be synthesized or purified in the laboratories but being found in nature does not make one medicine more safe than another. In fact, coumadin, a tree derivative, is very useful to prevent clotting in patients who have had blod clots in their legs and other body sites, heart attacks and heart rhythm disturbances, as well as other conditions. Coumadin is a very serious medication with serious side effects that can be lethal despite its natural origin!

Botox has a very high safety record. please discuss it with your doctor.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. 

Natural alternatives to Botox

+1

Botox is a natural treatment coming from bacteria...it doesn't get any more natural than this. Botox has been used and tested for over 20 years and in millions of people, showing efficacy and safety across a global population and multiple medical and cosmetic uses. There is no alternative that is anywhere near as effective, nor as safe.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox is natural

+1

Botox is natural.  Its a substance made by a bacteria.  Bacteria are part of nature.  The idea that something natural is better than something that is human-made is not always true anyway, but I prefer to think of Botox as a natural substance. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Natural botox?

+1

I know of no product that is a "natural" botox.  Botox is a neurotoxin that paralyzes the injected muscle.

Natural Alternatives To BOTOX Are Not Usaully Injections

+1

There are "natural" products to treat skin wrinkles such as alpha hydroxy acids (sugar acids) which peel the skin, or one can try skin care products with vitamin A or C.  Injections of "natural" products that are not FDA approved are risky.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Natural Botox

+1

A number of products currently on the market are called “natural BOTOX” or “green BOTOX” because they contain natural ingredients like hibiscus seeds and other organic plant substances touted for their skin-smoothing and skin-tightening abilities. I personally haven't used any of these, but I would like to point out that none of these are approved by the FDA or have any studies with the FDA so their safety cannot be confirmed. Additionally from what I have read in various med journals and publications, all of these "natural Botox" types work for 1/2 or less time than true Botox, so you're going to spend a lot more money over time trying to get results like Botox, and without any of the safety testing. In my opinion, NOT worth it.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD