How Natural Would It Look After Having Surgery to Correct Tuberous Breasts?

I am thinking about getting that procedure, but I have a lot of doubts about the results. I would like to correct the shape, but not changing significantly the size. I would like others not to be able to notice that I had surgery. But I wonder if without clothes will the surgery always be obvious? Could it look natural to somebody who hasn't seen my breasts before the surgery?

You can definitely get natural-looking results!

+3
Could you kindly include photos of your current condition? This can greatly help with providing you a better response to your question. However, just from what you've said here, I can say that correcting tuberous breasts is quite common and tends to yield wonderful results, achieving a breast that is more rounded. In my experience, results look very natural as long as the right-sized/shape implant is selected and placed properly, along with the location of the incision. My most common approach to tuberous breasts is to place a round smooth cohesive silicone gel implant through a peri-areolar (around nipple) incision, into a submammary pocket (under the breast only, not muscle), in combination with a peri-areolar (around nipple) mastopexy (breast lift). These are instrumental in achieving a pleasing outcome. Occasionally I will first use a tissue expander to expand the skin if it's extremely tight. My patients are generally happy with how they look after surgery. While your breasts may look natural, please keep in mind that the surgery does involve incisions and as a result, will leave you with a scar. This scar may or may not be obvious (this depends on how the scar heals, which in turn is most dependent on genetics). The scar may be perceived as a result of another surgery to someone who doesn't know. 

I highly recommend speaking to your surgeon and letting them know your concerns. Tell them you want a very natural-looking result. Make sure they help you select  an implant that is in proportion with your current body contour. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.edelsteincosmetic.com/learning-centre/breast-augmentation/tuberous-breast-augmentation.php

Natural breasts after correcting tuberous deformity

+2

If you do not want to change the size of your breasts, then implants are not required.  There is a new procedure called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift to correct tuberous breasts.  The only scars are at the areola-skin junction.  The areola size is reduced, the breast tissue reshaped and lifted higher on the chest wall and moved medially to increase cleavage.  This technique avoids ugly vertical scars that cannot be hidden.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implants for tuberous breast condition

+2

The use of an implant to improve tuberous breasts would help to expand the base of the breast pyramid.  Out of necessity the implant will cause your breasts to be larger. In order to give you more information you will need to submit photos or have a consultation with a plastic surgery experienced in dealing with this breast condition.  

Tuberous breast

+2
It is possible to correct tuberous breast either with fat grafting or breast implants. Fat grafting seems to be a better option for what you are expecting. However detail examination and discussion is important with your surgeon to understand the pros and cons.
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Correct Tuberous Breasts and Natural Look?

+2

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures, it is generally possible to achieve a nice change after correction of tuberous breasts. Much will depend on exactly where you are starting and how well the procedures performed. Based on your goals to look “natural”, a modest breast implant (if any)  can be utilized.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons; asked to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.

You may find the attached link helpful as well.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tubularbreasts.htm

How Natural Would It Look After Having Surgery to Correct Tuberous Breasts

+2

It is near impossible to give an answer worth hearing without at least looking at photos, and even that is not as good as a live consultation. 

The pros and cons of plastic surgery for aesthetic surgery must be balanced in such a way that the improvement attained overwhelms the negatives, including the scars. 

Improvement of tuberous breasts requires incisions, and there are no invisible incisions. Almost always there will be an incision around the areola, and often other incisions, perhaps on in the breast fold, and perhaps an incision going from the 6 o'clock position on the areola going down to the fold. Patients who undergo this surgery feel that the improvement in breast shape more than compensates for the scars. 

The scars will be apparent in natural lighting.

Look at photos on line or better is a surgeon's office. The surgeon can outline the expected incisions that YOU would need to attain a nice breast shape, and then you will have to decide if the trade-off is worthwhile. If you don't want anyone to know that you had surgery, don't have surgery. If you want to know if the amount of improvement is worth the inevitable scars see a surgeon discuss the expected outcome and look at photos of comparable patients. 

Thanks, good luck 

Breast Augmentation

+1

Tuberous breasts tend to have a more narrow or "constructed" base.  The incisions utilized are aimed at widening the base of the breast while often making the nipple areolar circle smaller and more proportional to the breast.  An implant is often necessary to redrape the breast tissue to improve the base shape.  As far as not being noticeable, that could be a challenge.  These are difficult procedures and if incisions are required around the entire arealar circle, the trade off may be noticeable marks or scars for improved shape.  I hope this information is helpful.

Tuberous breast correction

+1

Tuberous breasts tend to be narrow at the base and are overly projecting for their size, and this phenomenon may occur on one or both sides. In its mildest form, the lower pole of the breast is underdeveloped or may even appear constricted - sometimes referred to as a 'constricted lower pole'. In severe cases the breast is conical in shape and is sometimes described by the patient as looking like a 'torpedo' or a 'Snoopy dog'. Regardless of the degree of tuberosity, it is possible to dramatically improve the appearance of the tuberous breast during augmentation surgery using a number of specialized surgical techniques.
Many patients with severely tuberous breasts have said that they have never removed their bra in an intimate setting. Careful patient assessment, thoughtful planning and attention to detail during the surgical procedure can produce a dramatic and life-changing improvement for most patients with tuberous breasts.
Start by looking at many before and after photos of plastic surgeons who have had success in correction of tuberous breasts.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Implants are not essential for the correction of tubular breasts.

+1

Hi.

The breasts are reshaped internally by releasing the tight lower part and making the areolas smaller and not sticking out.  They look natural but you do have a circular scar around the nipples which fades but does not disappear.

Tuberous Breast can look better

+1

Surgery for tuberous breast can create much more normal and attractive breasts.  As the condition varies in each person and may include several aspects, such as deficiency in the vertical or horizontal diameter of the breast, most of the breast tissue bulging forward just behind a stretched areola, the breast curved and pointing to the side, and an obvious difference in size between the two breasts, the surgical approach must vary for each patient.  Typically, an incision is used around the areola where the scar blends in with the darker areolar skin color and is hidden nicely.  Through this incision, the breast tissue can be rearranged, and an implant can be inserted if desired to adjust the size.  This is the most common approach.  Patients are usually very pleased with the natural look that is achieved.