I Have Natural 36 D Breasts That Have Fallen After Childbirth? (photo)

I Would Like to Have Implants but Fear I Might Be Too Big? 5'1 117 pounds (post pregnancy and lost 50 pounds)

Breast lift vs breast lift and breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  A breast lift shapes the tissue you currently have while a breast augmentation (breast implants) adds volume.  You definitely appear to be a candidate for a breast lift.  Whether you chose to also get a breast augmentation depends on whether you would like larger breasts and/or more long term upper pole volume.  The link below shows the before and after photos from one of my breast lift patients (no implants).

Dr Remus Repta

36 D Breasts and Droop

+1

If you are happy with the size of your breasts, you can just have a breast lift.  If you want them larger or a little more superior pole fullness, small implants can be done with the breast lift.  With regard to tummy tuck and liposuction, I cannot tell the amount of skin laxity you have centrally.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast lift

+1

I think you have plenty of size/volume, and suggest you consider a lift(mastopexy) instead of implants. If you get implants, you may need a lift anyway, so I would do the lift first, and you may not want the implants. If you still want to be larger, then you can always get implants later.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift vs. Breast augmentation

+1

The photo indicates you are, in my opinion, a perfect candidate for a breast lift. You have volume sufficient to most likely procdure D cup with a breast lift. Be sure you understand the incision sites. If you can accept these incision sites, you will get much more attractive breast then you would putting in implants.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Have Natural 36 D Breasts That Have Fallen After Childbirth?

+1

You have post partum ptosis. If placing ONLY an implant there might be a double bubble effect. You might consider a lift implant combination. 

Saggy breasts after pregnancy

+1

Thanks for your question and photo to review. You should get a lift with or without an implant depending on how big you want to be. A lift will get you perky again by reshaping the breast. In my opinion, based on your photos, you probably don't need an implant at all. But that's why you need to go for a consultation to completely discuss your goals and concerns with a good Plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Best Breast Surgery for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

You may benefit from breast augmentation and breast lifting surgery. In my opinion, you are not a candidate for breast augmentation alone.  The downside with breast lift surgery include additional incision lines/scars.

Many patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

When the time is right, consult with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping  patients in your situation.  Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.

Breast lift

+1

If you like the volume of your breasts, then you should have a lift. If you want more volume, an implant can be added.

You need a breast lift

+1

You are in the category of a lift and probably implants as well, depending on the size you want to be....Just doing implants would just end up being droopy and just bigger!!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breasts That Have Fallen After Childbirth

+1

Since your posting notes that the breasts have fallen, implants are probably not the solution, and in fact may exaggerate the ptosis (sag) that has occurred by having a sensation of your natural breast tissue hanging off the implant.

If your breast size is not an issue. a breast lift will be the correct solution, the trade-off being the incisions required. If size is an issue, implants and a breast lift. 

In the posted photo, the caption asks about lipo or tummy tuck. I don't quite see enough of the abdomen, but I suspect that a tummy tuck is the better choice.

The best advice will come in the setting of an in person consultation. When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.