Natural Look with 280-300cc Silicone Breast Implants?

I am considering getting Breast Augmentation surgery and although I am small, I prefer subglandular placement because I am an athelete and a dancer.

I want to maintain full muscle control and avoid distortion. I am thin with small breasts (34A) breast width = 11 cm, spaced relatively far apart. I don't mind the gap, and actually find it aesthetically pleasing.

When I nursed my children, my breasts stretched considerably (34C). Ptosis is very minor. Can a natural, attractive look be achieved with Silicone Breast Implants (280-300cc) over the muscle?

Silicone gel implants often perform better than saline implants when placed subglandular

+4

If you are convinced that you would want to have implants placed above the muscle then silicone gel implants will give a superior esthetic result. It appears that you are thin and there is not a lot of native breast tissue. You would therefore not have substantial coverage for implants placed above the muscle. Implants would probably be easy to feel and visualize if placed above your muscle and silicone gel implants generally seem more natural under these conditions.

There are many issues to be considered when choosing between placing implants under the muscle versus above the muscle as well as choosing between silicone and saline filled prostheses. This information can be obtained best through a formal consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

I hope this limited amount of information is helpful. Good luck in achieving the enhancement you desire.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+2

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

What about breast asymmetry?

+2

Subglandular implants may correct some of your problems but lead to others. You asymmetry needs to be addressed and you may require a breast lift.  Subglandular placement of gel implants your risk of capsular contracture is higher and with your thin skin would be noticeable. You need to discuss all of these things with you plastic surgeon as I feel than augmentation alone is not the best choice.

Richard Linderman, MD

Breast augmentation

+2

First, you have asymmery and will need a lift.  Second you are very thin and more than likely will have rippling especially if you place them in a subglandular pocket.

VIDEO (Click HERE) Natural Look with 280-300cc Silicone Breast Implants?

+2

These are reasonable sized implants to allow a nice augmentation with modest projection. However, I would not call your ptosis as "very minor" Ithink it will be worth doing something on your lower side

Will 280-300cc implants look natural on me?

+2

I think that subglandular placement is ideal for your situation. However, your right breast is a lot lower and bigger than the left. A simple augmentation alone would NOT give you an aesthetic result. You most likely need a lift on the right side along with an augmentation. Make sure that your surgeon discusses this with you as you decide on a plan. Good luck.

Sirish Maddali, MD

Natural Breast Augmentation for athletic person.

+2

For all the reasons you mentioned, a pre-pectoral implant is what you should do. The ideal implant is a textured anatomic silicone implant. However, they only make a textured anatomic saline or a textured round silicone. Because of this you need to be careful with the size you mentioned with a breast that is only 11 cm wide. To look as normal as possible, I would not normally recommend a high profile implant. The only way to get the size you mentioned in a moderate implant is with a wider implant. This may be possible. What you need is a careful examination and discussion of your desires to really find out what will work. Since there are multiple options, yes, you should be able to have a “natural look” within your constraints. I would never put an implant under the muscle in someone like you, and almost always get a very natural look.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Natural look with implants in athletic women

+2

There are several things to consider: first, the size of the implant needs to be large enough to fill up the loose skin envelope that is stretched, but as you know if you go too large then it won't look good. Under 300 cc is probably a good choice. You appear to have very little breast tissue and body fat to help conceal the outlines of the implants. This is a classic problem and there are two options you should look into: first is subfascial, which will help add a little support as compared to subglandular, though it won't add any extra "padding"; the second is a split muscle option, which gives coverage to the upper pole but with very little propensity to distortion with activity. More info here: http://www.drbaxter.com/breast_implants_athletic_woman.html.

Richard Baxter, MD

Silicone Breast Implants, Breast lift, Breast Ptosis

+2

Thank you for the question. It seems you're quite educated both in the breast augmentation procedure as well as your expectations given your body habitus. Although it is difficult to determine what size implant would fit you without having the luxury of performing an examination, a sub-glandular placement of an implant is indeed an option.

Clearly, in a thin individual as yourself, silicone would be a good consideration as rippling will definitely be a concern post-operatively. Regarding the ptosis, I would keep in mind that the discrepancy in the position of your nipple-areola complex between right and left breasts will become significantly more evident with the augmentation procedure. I think consideration for a breast lift, perhaps a Benelli, is warranted in this situation, and that indeed is my first impression having only your picture to go by.

I would recommend you follow up with a board certified plastic surgeon to review your options, risks and benefits, and likely outcomes given your situation. Best of luck!

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Maybe you should discuss this with your surgeon

+2

Your breasts are a bit different from one another. Without some kind of lift surgery, a sub glandular placement is going to make two pretty "different looking" breasts. Maybe make this part of the discussion as you choose a surgeon. There is also the issue of contracture with sub glandular silicone gel implants, but you can cross that one too when the time is right.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon