Can I Get a Natural Look with a 275-300cc High Profile Implant? (photo)

My PS recommend 275-300cc silicone implants placed with the dual plane technique. Can I achieve a natural look with this size implant? I really don't want to look like I have two balls on my chest. Also my mother is a breast CA survivor is silicone acceptable or should I go with a saline implant. 37yo 5'2" 125lbs BWD 11cm 2 children, 1 breast feed

How to achieve a natural look with high profile breast implants

+4

In my experience, the best way to achieve a natural with breast implants is to choose a size that fits your chest measurements and is not too large.  This can be achieved with careful measurements of your chest and existing breast dimensions.  Also, placing breast implant samples in your bra will give you a general idea of how you will look after the procedure.  Even more, the website from Mentor call Love Your Look gives you a visual of how you will look with augmented breasts.  As far as silicone versus saline goes, they are both FDA approved and do not increase your risk for breast cancer.  Having said all of this and by looking at your photos, 300cc high profile implants will most likely give you a more fuller, natural look.  High profile implants are great, but the ultra high profile implants may give you more cleavage and a better overall shape to the breast without being too large.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber...Baltimore plastic surgeon

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift for natural look

+3

Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size but you desire a natural look.  There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  A circumareola incision is used to elevate the breast higher on the chest wall to increase upper pole fullness and move your breast medial to increase cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall produces maximum anterior projection and may eliminate the need for implants.  This technique is totally natural since no implants are used and there are no ugly vertical scars.  If you desire a larger cup size, implants can be placed simultaneously or later.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Can I Get a Natural Look with a 275-300cc High Profile Implant

+3

You have a nice and natural breast shape to start with, and you are considering a modest enlargement. Both are factors quite predictive of a natural result!

If you get a chance to handle a  silicone implant and a saline implant, you will probably decide on the silicone, which is preferred by most surgeons and most patients. 

Thanks for your question, all the best 

Implant size selection

+2

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Natural looks and starting with cc's of volume

+2

The short answer to your questions is that if a high profile implant is fit to the internal width of your breast, happens to be 300 cc and is positioned properly, it should look "natural". For a high profile implant this would be a two cup size increase from what you are starting from and could take you into a D cup with a lot of upper pole projection, both of which are out of normal proportions and could be construed as "unnatural". 

The problem of two balls on your chest is usually from too large implants, implants above the pec muscle, implants that don't fit, or from capsule contracture. 

The choice of silicone gel-filled or saline-filled has nothing to do with breast cancer risk but you should be aware that currently we do not have a simple test to verify whether silicone gel-filled breast implants are intact or if they need to be replaced. Saline-filled breast implants tell you if they fail and need to be replaced. Those who worry about silicone find this an advantage of saline-filled implants. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Natural Look with 275-300cc High Profile #breastimplants

+2

Natural is a very generic term and means something different to different people. From your photo it does look like your right breast is smaller than your left but it is hard to tell from online pictures. If you trust your surgeon and believe in what you have been consulted about then you should be fine. With regards to silicone vs saline, there is no issue with respect to cancer as you have indicated. The fact that your mom has had cancer has no bearing on you having silicone implants. Silicone implants are very natural feeling and safe. You can also have a wonderful result with saline if you have good soft tissue coverage. Your surgeon should be able to help guide you through the pros and cons of saline vs silicone.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Can I Get a Natural Look with a 275-300cc High Profile Implant?

+2

Could be a good option but very hard to advise in your case over the internet. Best to obtain a few in person evaluations. Was a lifting suggested? 

Breast augmentation

+2

First, silicone can be done as with anyone with a family history, proper monitoring is key. As for an implant without a lift, it is quite possible but an exam in person is essential.

Natural look in breast augmentation

+2

Some general comments.What you have is natural and the more your breasts are comprised of implant, the more unnatural they become. Typically, the lower the projection/profile implant you use that fits the dimensions of your breasts, the more natural they will be. The higher the profile,the larger the volume for the same width. You should try to describe exactly the look you desire to your surgeon. The implant chosen should serve your goals. Taking all of this into consideration, I rarely use high-profile implants for patients who claim to want to look "natural."

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Natural breast augmentation depends on what you call "natural"

+2

"Natural" is the hardest word to decifer in breast augmentation as it means such different things to each patient.  A high profile implant is meant to give you excess upper pole fullness which is not "natural" but if you like that "look" all will be fine.  Discuss all concerns with your surgeon.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS