Natrelle Style 15 Silicone Implants. How Long Do They Last? (photo)

5 months ago I had breast augmentation. How long do implants typically last? Will most women need a revision eventually, or can they last a lifetime? Also, are my breasts aesthetically pleasing? (Does the pocket placement look ideal as well as overall shape) I believe my PS did a nice job creating very natural results. However, I would like a professional opinion.

Implants

+2

There is no set time as for how long implants will last. In some women they last a lifetime, and others they need to be changed in a year. It depend upon so many variables. In general, do not expect your implants to last a lifetime, the data suggests that most patients require at least 2 procedures on average over their lifetime.

Breast Implant Longevity

+1
Your results look great but your opinion is far more important. If you like them then that's really what matters. 

I know of several women who received implants and have never had to change them. It is a myth that implants must be changed every 10 years. Generally, if you don't have a problem with your implants and haven't noticed any pain or a change in appearance, then there is no need to replace them. However, because you have noticed recently that your implant feels different and are experiencing pain, you should see your surgeon as soon as possible. You may be developing a complication.

It is important to note that while changes tend to be more obvious with saline implants, silicone implants that rupture may not be as noticeable and remain undetected for a longer time.

You should visit your surgeon or doctor regularly so that they may also examine you to make sure your implants are in good condition. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD