Will These Ugly Scars Go Away? (photo)

I am a 40 year old BF who had upper & lower transcutaneous blepharoplasty 4 wks ago and I am dissatisfied with the results. I am responsibility because I just assumed he would do the transconjuctival approach as apposed to transcutaneous because I am black. I had over ten consults and they explained that they would do transconjuctival because I am young and Black. My PS told me he would only remove small amount off the to top "subtle Change". I can't close my Right eye and sleep with it open.

Dissatisfaction with bleph scars

+1
Your post raises several issues. First, in terms of not being able to close your right eye, try to give it a bit more time. There is still swelling. You are in the inflammatory phase of healing and the scar may go on to heal well. However, I am concerned about the notion that you assumed that the surgeon would use one approach and not another. Part of the informed consent for surgery should have included a discussion of the surgical approach, risk and potential consequences. If it did not, then you should have questioned rather than assuming but there is a responsibility on the physician to explain the method by which he intends to perform a procedure. Hope you go on to improve. Best wishes, Dr K