Post Rhinoplasty: Nasal Muscle Seems to Push my Nose Down - Can Botox Help?

hi , i had rhinoplasty 9 month ago , from 11 or 12 week after surgery my nassal muscle push down my nose hardly by any skin or eyes Agitation or Itch can botox injection help me? may this Phenomenon cause to deform my nose tip? sorry for my bad english thanks

Botox can selectively weaken any muscle injected.

+1

If your nose tends to plunge when smiling or during speech then weakening a particular muscle under your nose and barely into the centre fleshy part of the nose (between the nostrils) may just prevent the tip from plunging down. Otherwise the problem may be structural and need surgery. I'd discuss this with your surgeon and be specific with him about exactly your concerns are so there is no misunderstandings. Good luck.

Victoria Plastic Surgeon

No photos so it is hard to know if your analysis is correct.

+1

This is a novel idea, how about going back to your surgeon and getting their opinion?  They may or may not be helpful.  Sometimes the change on is seeing after rhinoplasty is a post-surgical change that may be a structural consequence of the procedure performed by your surgeon.  They may be accustom to this type of change and actually believe that this is what surgery is supposed to do.  When this is the case, it will be very difficult for them to understand your concern.  So will botox fix this?  Not if your issue is related to a structural change from the rhinoplasty.

+1

There is a muscle that can pull down the tip of your nose when you smile or animate. Usually, it is weakened during surgery but Botox will help by paralysing this muscle.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon