Can Nasolabial Restylane Be Placed Too High and Cause Smile Creases?

I had Restylane 1ml in my naso folds 6 weeks ago. Right after I had chipmunk cheeks, when I smiled huge creases under my eyes that I never had. Horrified! Hasn't improved. I have taken great care of my skin, and now huge creases when I smile, and look like bags at rest. Can the filler be too high and too much near my nose and pushing upward causing under eye deep creases?. Doc says he didn't put it in cheeks. The deepest area filled was near my nose. Is lab created non-brand Hyaluranidase safe?

Restylane and facial lines

+1

It is certainly possible for you to notice lines on your face that were not treated with restylane, and you  may notice other irregularities after treatment. But it is hard to say without photos.

Can Restylane CREATE creases?

+1

Hello 2396.  It's difficult to say what's going on without a picture, but it's certainly possible to have an injection product like Restylane create unintended side effects such as a change to an adjacent area of the face.  

It's hard to envision huge creases under your eyes caused by injections to the nasolabial folds, but if they in fact are related, we would suggest using Vitrase branded hyaluronidase to attempt to reverse the injections.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Restylane and chipmunk cheeIks

+1

It is difficult to comment without examining you and seeing your before photographs. I would not trust any imported hyaluronidase.  Your doctor says that the cheeks weren't injected so the hyaluronidase wouldn't work there. You may need a second opinon if your questions aren't answered to your satisfaction.

Ronald Shelton, MD