Nasolabial Injection Fillers Hurt, Is There Anything I Can Do To Prevent Pain?

I keep getting doctors that say it dosent but i dont think they use the right thing to numb the area. I am thinking of not doing it anymore. Life is short. Before i give up, what should I ask for before letting them inject the filler?

Regional nerve blocks may reduce pain from nasolabial filler treatments.

+1

You could find a reputable facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist experienced in administering a nerve block. This is a small injection of lidocaine, in your mouth, between your upper lip and gum. This provides profound anesthesia for around 1.5 hours to your cheeks. 

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Avoiding pain from filler injections

+1

Your physician can perform an infrorbital block with lidocaine (much like your dentist does) then the injection is painless.  Applied anesthetic oinment 15 minutes before injection is usually succificient to greatly reduce discomfort, and now many of the fillers contain lidocaine which further reduces sensation.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Fillers and anesthetics

+1

I quite often place topical anesthetics over the areas that I treat.  Most patients are very comfortable after this is performed. As the injection is performed, their is local anesthetic in the material and this eases the discomfort as well.