Nasolabial Folds, How Much Would I Need?

I'm starting to notice that around my nose area its indented, it was full when I was younger. When I smile the lines are accentuated more than before. In my photos you can see the how accentuated the lines are when smiling. I'm holding my finger on one area, that is how I would like it to look, just as it did in the sunglass pic 4 yrs ago. I don't really have fine lines in this area yet, but don't like how it looks. Any advice on what my best options would be judging by my photos?

Nasolabial groove can be filled in nicely but usually require 2-3 syringes of filler.

+1

Filling in your nasolabial grooves would definitely be helpful and should probably be done in 2 sessions to get the smoothest results.  I would use 2 syringes of restylane/juvederm (550/syr) initially then let it settle and come back in 3-7 days and add 1 more syringe to polish it off. Or you could use 1 1/2 syringes of Radiesse (630/syr) initially and then come back in a week and use up the other 1/2 syr to fine tune it.  Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler Treatment of Nasolabial Lines

+1

Nasolabial lines come in two varieties, static and dynamic.  Static lines are those which are present when you are not contracting the facial muscles. Dynamic lines are those that appear when you are contracting the muscles.  The photos that you posted are a great example of the difference.  Placing a filler into the nasolabial fold for static lines is very effective but is not beneficial for dynamic lines. 

Unfortunately, as you are most bothered by the dynamic lines and have very little in the way of static lines, you will likely be disappointed with the results of filler.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon