Nasolabial Fold Correction Options? (photo)

I had juvederm in the nasolabial folds 2 months ago and my smile was limited and not as wide and big like I had botox even though I didn't. After I used hyaluronidase to disolve the juvederm my smile went back to normal. I don't want my smile to be affected so what options to I have to improve or correct nasolabial folds? I am 25 years old.

Nasolabial fold correction

+3

The best way to "pull out" these lines is to add volume to the cheeks above. This can be done with Sculptra, Radiesse or Perlane, most efficiently. Can use other fillers but they would not do the job as well. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Nasolabial issues

+3

Sometimes treating the cheeks will soften the nasolabial folds.  This is often a good alternative to filling the folds.

Limited smile after Juvederm

+3

I have seen this problem in some of my patients and I have now started to discourage the idea of filling just the NLF. rather focus on the cheek bones and use Radiesse for men which works very nice. u can also try Sculptra for a rather subtle affect.

Misbah Khan, MD

Nasolabial Fold Correction Options?

+2

If you don't want your smile affected by the added volume in the NLF, you really only have two options, IMHO.  Sculptra injections and/or microlipo of the excess fat within the NLF.

Nasolabial Fold Correction Options

+1

Treatment options include filling the cheeks, the nasolabial folds directly or both.  

My preference is to fill both areas.  I prefer a deep, volumizing filler like Sculptra or Perlane for the cheek bones and the more superficial fillers Restylane or Juvederm for the nasolabial folds.

However, given your dissatisfaction with filling of the fold directly, I would recommend filling only the cheeks (in similar fashion to a surgically implanted permanent cheek implant.)

Robert Strimling, MD

Options for correcting the nasolabial folds

+1

Radiesse has been proven to be much more effective than hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm for treatment of the nasolabial folds. I will frequently begin treating this area by restoring the volume lost along the cheekbones, creating a much better "lifting effect". Radiesse is injected beneath the skin to create a much more natural look. The cheek folds can be dramatically improved by injections of the proper fillers below the level of the skin elsewhere in the face. This leads to the subtle and natural-looking results that are so often desired.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Nasolabial folds are best treated by filling the cheeks

+1

I have been treating nasolabial lines and folds for many years. Patients are often disappointed with the treatment results and so was I. Why? Even 7 year olds have deep nasolabial folds. What makes these a sign of aging is flattening of the cheek. Loss of cheek volume makes the mounds next to the nasolabial folds more prominent. Filling just the folds doesn't go far enough. By filling the cheeks, a more youthful cheek line results. Most patients can't help themselves from saying "wow" after the treatment. This technique not only restores a more youthful look, but my own interest in treating nasolabial folds.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Photos

+1

It would be nice to see the photos of your smile before and after the Juvederm. Another option in that area is fat injections. Though sometimes technique of the Juvederm injection may be the reason you were unhappy with the results.

Consider getting a second opinion/different injector

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon