Possible for Nasolabial to Disappear Completely with Juvederm?

I want my nasolabial to disappear completely with juvederm. The doctor i went to suggested to leave some of it (towards the nose) and me being a first time juvederm user, agreed to it. That was 3 days ago, today i still see the folds and my question is, how much of the folds should we leave and how much to remove?

I dont like them at all so if you ask me, i want them all gone, disappeared. But is it not realistic, or not natural?

Advisability of Smoothing / Obliteration of Nose to Mouth Lines

+4

The vast majority of cosmetic surgery disasters occur NOT because the Plastic surgeon(s) were poorly trained but because more likely than not they acted like a genie that just left the bottle ("Your wish (however ridiculous, stupid or poorly thought out...) is my command, dear patient)...
- you want full duck like lips ? - sure...
- you want huge implants on your 90 pound frame? - sure...why not
- you want a Facelift / Necklift / Nose job / Breast Augmentation with a lift / tummy Tuck with liposuction and a Brazilian Butt lift? - why, sure...
- you want a face full of filler to the point where all natural creases are obliterated making you look like a Dick Tracy character? Absolutely, just show me the money, master...

If your goal is total obliteration of the Nasolabial lines, that would take a few syringes of a thicker filler (Radiesse, Juvederm Ultra or Perlane) on top of which would be layered either Juvederm or Restylane. At some point the volume of filler will erase the lines BUT would be visible on chewing or talking prompting people to either wonder WHY you did it or ask you "Who did it to you??"

Use common sense and moderation is my advice.

Everyone, even small children have some nasolabial folds

+2

Nasolabial folds can be completely obliterated with fillers in most patients, but that would not look natural. Even small children have folds. What makes Nasolabial folds a sign of aging is more from the mounds next to them and hollowing of the cheeks. Filling cheeks next to the mounds is often the answer for a more youthful face, taking attention away from the Nasolabial folds.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

You want to look younger but natural with Juvederm.

+2

Hi.
It's certainly possible to completely erase nasolabial folds with Juvederm, and in New York City, we sometimes do that. But you have to be very careful not to look puffy or mask-like. It depends on your anatomy.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Juvederm to Correct the Nasolabial Folds (Parentheses Lines)

+1

As your face begins to age, the soft tissue and skin starts to descend. These changes accentuate your nasolabial folds (parentheses lines), marionette lines, and jowls. Fillers such as Juvederm are an excellent way to help camouflage these wrinkles to give the face a more youthful appearance. Overfilling the folds is not a natural looking aesthetic as even small children have nasolabial creases. The goal is to look rejuvenated, rested, and youthful.

Scott Farber, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for nasolabial folds

+1
Juvederm fills in lines and wrinkles including nasolabial folds. When in doubt, it is best to start with a smaller amount of Juvederm and then add more if desired

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Nasolabial folds and fillers

+1

The nasolabial folds are a normal physical sign of the face in all individuals.  Even babies have them. Why would you want it to completely disappear?  You will look like a robot.

Nasolabial folds with Juvederm

+1

Taking them away completely could possibly make you look unnatural. Sometimes the nasolabial folds are not the only problem, you may want to take a look at the fullness of your cheeks. So have an open mind and listen to your physician.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Completely filling nasolabial folds will create artificial look

+1

You do not want to completely flatten the nasolabial folds. It will look very artificial.

The reason the nasolabial fold occur is that the cheek fat drops down and this causes the nasolabial fold to deepen. If you try to fill the folds to the level of the cheek it will look very artificial.

Nasolabial fold prominence

+1

It is difficult to get rid of the folds completely, unless they are very mild. Interestingly, it is difficult to get rid of even with a face lift.

If you are happy with the result, but want even more gone, it is worth a try, but get realistic expectations from your doctor.

Filling of the nasolabial smile folds with Juvederm

+1

Can one erase the smile folds compelely with filler, and should you? There are cases where the fold can be made flush with the surrounding skin contour but this may not be a natural look for you. Babies are born with smile folds but no one says they look old. That's because they have a healthy full cheek. If you've lost volume of the mid cheek this will make the fold hang over the smile fold. Once the mid cheek volume is corrected, you may be less unhappy with your smile fold. It is not always possible to eliminate the smile fold. Sometimes, filler only raises it so much, but the dense cheek pad hangs over the fold and can't be made to be raised up. Occasionally more filler is placed by the physician trying to please you and instead of raising the smile fold more, it displaces the cheek pad to protrude outwardly more and hang even more noticably over the smile fold. If you're young with good elastic skin properties then a small and shallow smile line may be improved significantly. The triangle of the upper smile crease near the nose can often take a lot of filler to flatten it. I often refer to this area as the black hole of filler as the filler just seems to disappear without seeing the triangular depression near the nostril flatten. If you are fixated on making this look flat, you might become discouraged with the treatment and cost.

Ronald Shelton, MD