I would like to improve the results of breast augmentation to achieve smaller, less droopy beasts & smaller areola. (photos)

Hello, I am 37, and I would like to improve the results of breast augmentation (300 CC High profile Naturelle implants) & full anchor breast lift I had in 2008. I am dissatisfied with the results because the implants are large and uncomfortable on my a 5"5 100 lbs frame. I would like both areola to be smaller and approx the same shape & size. I have no pre-op pics. I was a saggy C cup, w/ very thin skin & grade 3 ptosis. I would like to be at least 200 cc smaller, w/smaller areola. Thank you!

Improving Results of Augmentation Mastopexy

+3
As others have noted the outcome of your lift plus implant, also know as augmentation mastopexy, is overall pretty good, except that it does not match your frame. It is an illustration of how a moderate implant size can look so very different on each person depending on their height, width of shoulders and/or rib cage, etc.

Theoretically you should be able to downsize to a smaller implant, which will require some tightening or reduction of implant pocket, and have a revision of your lift which could include giving you a smaller areola. Whether or not this can be done all in one procedure without significant risk of nipple loss will be determined by the specifics of how your original lift was performed. Optimally, a copy of your original operative report would be very helpful to any surgeon considering doing your revision. 

Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing implants and revision of the mastopexy

+2
I would consider downsizing your implants and a revision of your mastopexy.  If you have a high profile implant in place I would consider using a low profile implant with a wider base diameter to give you improved upper pole fullness.  

I would like to improve the results of breast augmentation to achieve smaller, less droopy beasts & smaller areola.

+2
Thank you for the question and pictures. Based onyour pictures and goals, you will likely benefit from revisionary breast surgery;  this operation will likely involve downsizing of breast implants, additional mastopexy surgery, and possibly the use of acellular dermal matrix for more support. Communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon and/or seek additional consultations. Best to have a copy of your previous operative report  if you seek additional consultations. Best wishes.

Large implants- small frame

+2
Thank you for your picture. I understand that the implants are too big for your frame. If you want to be 200 mL smaller and you have a 300 mL implant maybe you need to have the implants removed and only a breast lift/reduction performed.  

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+2
Remember over the internet we can ONLY guess! I would refuse you as a patient for the objectives you desire. I think you have a wonderful result and downsizing with new lift could become a problem... Seek IN PERSON opinions in Nashville from Dr Jack Fischer.. 

Breast lift and implant revision

+2
In looking at your pictures, you do have a nice result, but I get that life changes our bodies change and what was a heat result six years ago, no longer fits your life. The good news is that downsizing and re- lifting your breasts is much less recovery then the first time around.  I would revisit your plastic surgeon or get another opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon.  Take pictures of your goal breasts. Often times, I will have patients bring to me the bra they want to be able to fit into after surgery as well as their last operative note and implant information.  Good luck to you, I think you can get what you are talking about with  good communication with your surgeon!

Melinda Haws, MD

Revision of Previous Implants for Smaller Breasts

+2
As others have stated you have a nice shape, and well healed scars.  Reducing the size by 200cc and reducing the size of the areola as well as relifting the breasts using the same scars should be fairly straightforward, but it is important for your surgeon to understand exactly what technique was used in your previous surgery to plan the approach to preserve blood supply. In spite of having thin tissues, I see no reason why this procedure could not be performed safely with a nice result.

Thomas A. Mustoe, MD, FACS

Revisioin Augmentation Mastopexy

+2
You certainly can exchange your implants and revise your mastopexy.  You have an excellent result so I would start by seeing your original surgeon.  If that is not possible or is impractical, then you should obtain the operative note from the original surgery prior to consulting with another surgeon.  This is necessary for the second surgeon to understand the blood supply to the nipple areola complex.  

Make sure your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has experience with aesthetic breast surgery - the website of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic surgery - surgery.org - will give you a list of well qualified plastic surgeons in your area.  

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Small implants with less droopy breasts and smaller areola

+2
Thank you for your question. I understand your desire to go smaller.  You may want to consider smaller shaped implants. This will allow you to maintain a natural shape with smaller implants. Also, You will need a breast lift to decrease the size of the areola and skin envelope. Good luck.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Revision

+2
Why not just meet with your surgeon and tell him or her you want to go smaller an revise the lift? Your result is good, albeit not to your liking, but still good all the same. Your surgeon is obviously skilled. Let them do your revision as her or she knows your case the best.

Lee E. Corbett, MD