Can I fill these teartroughs or will it look worse? (photo)

I (on bad days) have deep set rings underneath my eyes which cause this hideous sickly look. I'm only 30! It's not allergies I don't believe and it get's worse when I smile. My Dr. refuses to inject my tear troughs because he says it holds water and may may the appearance of them worse when I smile. Is they any possible what that's not correct and this could be solved? I feel like I look twenty years older all of the sudden.

Hollows under the eyes can be improved with fillers

+1
Some patients have volume loss while others also can have fat pad or muscular protrusion along with volume loss.  Check with an expert Dermatologic Surgeon to see if you are a candidate for the fillers or if you need other procedures to improve the under eye appearance.

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Tear Troughs and injections

+1
It is very difficult to see from the photo but it appears that you might need a traditional blepharoplasty to remove the fat pads under your eyes.  These fat pads are usually genetic and run in families.  Does your Mom have similar "tired-looking" eyes?  Please find a board certified physician who has a great deal in cosmetics for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Can I fill these teartroughs or will it look worse?

+1
Its best you schedule an in-person consult to get fully evaluated, there are many different options to help eliminate the tear troughs

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Filler in the Tear Trough Region

+1
It is difficult to tell from the photograph if you would benefit from fillers in the tear trough region.  Some products do produce more swelling than others.  Without examining you in person I am not able to give you more information.  It may be worth getting another opinion from an experienced injector.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tear trough

+1
Teazerbee, I cannot tell a thing from your photo. I would recommend you see 2-3 facial plastic specialists and get more opinions. Frequently for this problem in my office I'm doing a "SOOF lift blepharoplasty". See my web site for further information. Good luck!!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon