Can you get a tummy tuck when your breastfeeding? (photo)

I had a baby a month ago and I was thinking of getting a tummy tuck but not sure if I can while I'm breastfeeding my baby I plan to breast feed for around 6 months to a year .

Tummy tuck after child birth.

+1

Congratulations on your new baby.

In my opinion your body has to heal from the child birth first, normally after 6 months your body will be ready, meaning that all will be normal and not swollen. The women`s body goes through a lot of changes during pregnancy and letting it change back and be ready for any plastic surgery procedure takes time.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck while breast feeding

+1

I would not recommend you consider a tummy tuck at this time. You need to lose the weight you gained from the pregnancy and also let your own skin tighten somewhat on its own before considering the procedure. Usually 3-6 months is the recommended waiting time. Also consider that you are done having children before proceeding or you may need to repeat the procedure.

Web reference: http://www.drrickrosen.com/tummy-tuck-connecticut/

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and breast feeding

+1

First, you need to give your body more time to recover from childbirth. One month post-partum is entirely too early. Once you have lost all the weight and recovered muscle tone, then you can think about a tummy tuck. If you are planning to have more children, know that revision may be required at additional cost. With respect to breast feeding, you would be on prescription pain medication post operatively and any milk you pump would have to be discarded. I recommend that you exercise good judgment and wait. Lifting a child postoperatively is also problematic and a good backup plan is important.

Breast Feeding and Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said you have not allowed yourself to fully recover from you pregnancy. The best candidate for a tummy tuck is someone who has returned to her normal weight and maintained it for a year.

For more information on tummy tucks, please read the link below.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-tummy-tuck/boston-tummy-tuck-how-to-decide-if-you-need-an-abdominoplasty/

Tummy tuck and breast feeding.

+1

Greetings,

A month after having a baby, you still have not given your body much time to recover from your pregnancy.

Breast feed your baby as you planned, but do not rush into a tummy tuck. We strongly advise our post-partum patients to have their tummy tuck after their weight has fallen and plateaued. This can take up to a year.

Also, we strongly discourage having a tummy tuck, if our patient is planning to have another baby. Pregnancy can recreate the problems you are surgically fixing with an abdominoplasty.

Best Regards,

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon