Nasal Valve Collapse & Chronically Enlarged Turbinates?

Thanks in advance for your time. It's been a rough road as several ENTs & other doctors have missed the diagnosis for so long. 4 years ago, I had a septoplasty followed by a septal hematoma. I also experienced a nasal valve collapse shortly thereafter, but was unaware of what this meant until recently. Can someone explain internal vs. external valve collapse? Also, could there be a relationship between my turbinates being chronically enlarged and the structural issues with my nose?

Nasal Valve collapse and Turbinate hypertrophy

+1

Hi,

The internal nasal valve is an area inside your nostrils at  the level of the upper lateral cartilage and septum. This area expands and collapse as you inhale and exhale through your nose. Some of the nasal valve is active some is passive. The external nasal valve is the area at the caudal edge of you lower lateral cartilage and is more of a passive valve. More commonly the internal nasal valve is involved with nasal obstruction and can be fixed in many ways. Turbinates can be swollen from allergies or just to big and obstruct the nasal  valve..

Hope this helps. See weblink.

Dr.S.