Is it Possible Nasal Valve Collapse 6 Weeks After Septorhinoplasty? (photo)

I am 5 1/2 post op. Having breathing difficulties through both nostrils. While breathing through right nostril changes during the day (sometimes good sometimes bad), it is constantly bad through the left one especially when I inhale. I am afraid I may have nasal valve collapse as the “dent” on the left tends to squish in when I deep-breath. I don’t know if the pictures show all.

Swelling after Rhinoplasty can cause nasal obstruction & takes time to improve

+1

Dear ng3360a

• At this early stage, your breathing and result will be change in the next months
  • Keep the nose clean with saline spray and don't let it get too dry
  • Discuss your symptoms with your surgeon and some conservative measures might help if you both agree to them. (like breath-rite strips)

Best Wishes

Web reference: http://drtravistollefson.com

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal airway obstruction 6 weeks post op rhinoplasty

+1

Your nasal airway obstruction is more likely due to swelling than any functional problem.  Given more time your problem will be more likely to improve.  

Is it Possible Nasal Valve Collapse 6 Weeks After Septorhinoplasty?

+1

Over the internet the ONLY recommendation is to seek IN PERSON second opinions. Yes appears as nasal valve collapse. 

+1

I think your assessment of the situation is probably correct based upon the pictures and your description.  I would have to examine you to be more certain. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php