Has Nasal Tip Refinement Been a Failure?

I had septorhinoplasty 3 months ago mainly to refine my tip. After the cast was removed, the tip was still rather bulbous/swollen but I did notice very subtle improvements. However I'm concerned to find that my nose has not changed AT ALL since the cast was removed. The tip is still boxy and feels hard. He told me that most of the swelling decreases within the first few months. I'm starting to lose hope that the width of the tip is ever going to decrease significantly.

Rhinoplasty - Tip Refinement

+1

While most of the nasal swelling decreases in the first few months following rhinoplasty, you will still undergo continued improvement in swelling over the next year.  Please continue your follow up visits with your surgeon and have patience as you will see continued improvement.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/procedures2/rhinoplasty

3 Months After Seporhinoplasty: Too Early to Tell

+1

There is no way to give an accurate assessment of your nasal tip result at 3 months.  Swelling takes a minimum of 6 months to a year to resolve.  I recommend that you maintain a line of communication with your Surgeon for evaluation and reassurance.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty tip swelling

+1
It is to soon to tell how your final result will be as you are very early in the post operative phase. The swelling in the nose and especially in the tip may take an entire year to fully dissipate. Make sure you go in and see your surgeon regularly. Be patient and you will see results as time goes along. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Too soon to tell

+1

By all means it is too soon to tell.  I have my patients wait at least nine months as it takes that long for all the tip swelling to resolve.  Be patient, it is a slow process but follow up with your plastic surgeon to see how it is doing.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon