Nasal Tip Looks Like a Ball Post Rhinoplasty, How can this be Fixed? (photo)

It has been well over a year since my rhinoplasty and I am very unhappy with the my nasal tip...it looks like a little ball. I assume this is from grafting but I wonder will this "ball" reduce with time or is it there forever? Can anything be done short of revision rhinoplasty?

Excessive dome definition after rhinoplasty

+1

From the photos you provide, you have more tip definition than desirable. This results from a combination of one or both of the following: over-definition of the tip carriages and/or very thin, unforgiving skin envelope.

This particular condition can be treated with revision rhinoplasty, but is also fairly easily improved with injectable fillers to soften up the tip of your overly defined nose. 

Either option, in capable hands, is likely to result in success.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip of nose looks like little ball

+1

It does appear from the limited photo that you had excessive tip work done. I.e. excessive cartilage removal and perhaps permanent sutures in the tip bunching it up too much. After one year this will likely require revision surgery and possible tip grafts. Probably an open approach will be recommended. Get several opinions.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ball Tip Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to evaluate your tip with the limited picture you submitted. However, we typically use the term 'ball tip' to describe a tip that is round and full. Yours  appears small, collapsed and contracted.  You probably will need tip grafts to improve the point and contour.

Nasal Tip Revision

+1

It is hard to say from the limited photo you have posted, but you will likely need revision work to address and refine the nasal tip to be less round.

Kimberly Lee, MD