Nasal Tip Looks Larger After Surgery Than Before.

I had my nose done 11 days ago and the front view of my nose looks larger than the original nose. My main reason for getting the rhinoplasty was to make my bulbous tip smaller. Is this normal or did my doctor mess something up?

Nasal Tip Larger after Surgery

+2

I would expect the tip to be the same size or larger 11 days after rhinoplasty, especially if it was bulbous pre-operatively. A tip like yours will significantly improve over several months and take at least one year to achieve the final definion and refinement.

Wait

+1
Nasal swelling takes about a year to resolve. The tip is notorious for retaining swelling. Your result will become evident with time. Dr ES

The tip of the nose is the last area for swelling to subside after rhinoplasty

+1

It can take a year or longer for all the swelling to subside after rhinoplasty. For some patients the tip of the nose can look even larger than it did pre-op for a few months. I don't get concerned or consider a revision surgery for at least 1 year from the initial procedure. As I often tell patients, if the tip of your nose looks perfect at 1 to two months post op, it may look to small at a year.

Web reference: http://www.mdface.com/proc_rhinoplasty.html

Nasal Tip Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Nadi,

It is still too soon to conclude what your nasal tip will look like.  The tip takes the longest amount of time for the swelling to come down.  The tip will continue to change for months and even years.  I hope that you like your new nose eventually, be patient. 

Dr. P

Nasal tip is more swollen after nose job than before surgery

+1

IT is not uncommon for a nasal tip to look bigger after a rhinoplasty, especially an open tip procedure, than prior to the operation.Commonly this may take 6 months or even a year to see the final results.  If grafts were placed, there is a rare possibility of infection and you should seek the evaluation of your surgeon to ensure that this is not occuring.

Web reference: http://bodysculptor.com/rhinoplasty.html