Do I have a nasal tip deformity or is my nose within the normal range? (photos)

I am contemplating getting rhinoplasty as a 27-year-old male as I'm concerned that my nose is detracting from my appearance. I want to know if I'm imagining things or are my nostrils exposed more than is normal. I feel like most people's noses do not droop as much as mine does and their nostrils aren't exposed the way mine are. It's very difficult to objectively assess your own features, so I want to know if my own personal analysis is correct.

Do I have a nasal tip deformity or is my nose within the normal range?

+2
A complete analysis would require all views and an in person consultation.  Your nose is not deformed per se, but there are aspects that could be improved upon if you are dissatisfied with them.  It's always best to seek consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist that focuses on facial aesthetic surgery.  Best of luck.

Nostril Show

+1
You do have what we call, excessive nostril show.  The nostril rims are too high.  Sometimes this means that the lower cartilages of the nose are rotated too vertically.  This could definitely be addressed in a rhinoplasty. 

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Difficult to answer as it is a choice you have to make

+1
Your question is hard to answer because the definition of "normal" is so open to interpretation. From a medical point of view "normal" often means that you have no trouble with function and that there is no apparent deformity. These two things are true for you. However if you find the appearance of your nose to be troubling and believe that surgery can improve your appearance so that you feel better about yourself, then rhinoplasty may be suitable for you. Please remember that you should also consider whether the risks related to surgery are worth it. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Would a rhinoplasty look good?

+1
Dear Stratoat,

• A rhinoplasty is a very personal decision and should be based on how you feel about your nose
  • If you are asking whether a rhinoplasty would improve the look of your nose, then the answer is yes
  • We can lift the tip, support it, and bring down the nostrils for a nice natural result
  • Seek out a rhinoplasty specialist who can address all of your concerns

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Naturally high alae

+1
You have naturally high alae and that exposes the columella more than average. If it bothers you then you should get it repaired but it is not very distracting at all.
Regards
Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Over the internet DOES NOT replace IN PERSON examinations by a boarded surgeon! Best to seek these in person events... 

Rhinoplasty

+1
Your nose is definitely not deformed, but you need to go over your specific concerns with your surgeon. Best of luck!

Nose surgery

+1
Stratoat, near nose certainly is not deformed.  There are things that could be done to improve your appearance. I would recommend that you see 2-3 facial aesthetic specialists.  Make sure they perform rhinoplasty routinely.  I would recommend you find someone with over 10 years of experience.  Furthermore I would check their pre-and postop photos to make sure you find them agreeable.  Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal surgery

+1
You need to discuss the issues that bother you with an experienced nose surgeon - things can be done.  Your nose is not deformed, but there may be things about it you do not like that can be corrected.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

+1
Would love to see a photo of your entire face.  Your nose is not deformed, but improvement can be achieved with Rhinopasty surgery. Consult with a highly experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your goals and expectations.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD