Nasal Tip Still Looks Too Bulbous - Do I Need Another Surgery?

I think it should look more like a triangle not a circle. Is it the height of the supratip? Or is it the cartilage at the tip that should have a different form? Another rinoplasty? How or what technique should be used. Sending image of how i look and how i want it.

Nose reduction

+1

It is difficult to see from your photographs. Also, how long are you from a surgery. Revisions are usually at least 9 months to allow for the swelling to go down and the shape to be seen.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous Tip

+1

Other than slight flaring of the alae (lateral nasal walls) at the base of your nose you have a nice surgical result. Share your concern with your surgeon or get a second opinion.

Nasal tip swelling 1 year after rhinoplasty.

+1

Most tips are round. There is always 1 in a 100,000 that may be close to perfection, but you have to remember that perfection is the enemy of good. You have a good nose--leave it alone. You can always find someone to operate.

Bulbous Nasal Tip After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Andrea,

Your nose looks pretty good. You wish for more definition of your nasal tip cartilages.  Depending on what was done in your primary surgery (and when that surgery was), a rhinoplasty surgeon may be able to help you achieve your goals.  What strikes me about your nose is the fullness of your lateral nasal ala, which is contributing to your perception of a bulbous tip.

Discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  It appears that he/she has done nice work in your initial surgery.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+1

You did not say how long ago your rhinoplasty was. If it has been less than two to three years, you have not finished remodeling. You may still obtain what yu are seeking. Except for very specific problems that are rare, I would not reoperate for at least 4-5 years, especially in you with a very acceptable result, even now. Occasionally, a steroid injection will encourage remodeling faster, especially for the area that is a concern to you. It is unpredictable, however. Unfortunately, the nose is made of living tissue which does not always respond exactly like we would like it to.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip issues

+1

First you do not say when the surgery was performed. If it is less than a year ago, the tip may become more defined as the swelling subsides.  Computer imaging is tough to match and doesn't always correlate to actual surgical results.

Stop looking so much

+1

I would not touch your nose.  I think your tip is fine and the supratip is minimally high but certainly very good.  Just because you can alter something with photoshop on the computer doesn't mean the nose will respond exactly the way you want it to respond.  The more you operate on the nose the greater the risk of complications and the possibility of raising the tip too high.  I would not recommend another rhinoplasty at this time.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.