Can Anything Be Done For Nasal Swelling After Year from Rhinoplasty?

Hello! I'm 19, female. I had my rhinoplasty last year.. My nose still looks swollen, not as much, but quite bulbous. Especially in the morning. I'm middle eastern so I know that I'm thick skinned and that's probably why it's not shrinking as fast. Is there some other way other than the steroid injection that would help? Also, I feel that my nose "alar parts" stretch when I smile. ( I had the bridge slightly trimmed because I wanted it to still look natural and the nasal tip lifted )

Post Rhinoplasty & Nasal Swelling

+1

Nasal swelling after rhinoplasty can persist for a year or longer especially if the patient has thick skin, is a male,  is a secondary or tertiary rhinoplasty patient, or a patient of Ethnic origin. This requires patience as the swelling will gradually decrease over time.

Nasal Swelling After Year from Rhinoplasty

+1

Although it is hard to tell without seeing your pictures what you are describing is possibly more related to skin thickness as opposed to swelling

Sam Naficy, MD

Thick Skin after Reduction Rhinoplasty

+1

Performing rhinoplasty in a patient with thick skin who wants to reduce the size is fraught with challenges, one of which is the amorphous tip.  Time helps but after one year, there is probably little that is going to change.  I would agree with  your surgeon that the best choice at this time is likely steroid injection.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon