What Are the Costs and Risks of Rhinoplasty at 15 Years Old?

Hello, I recently turned 15 and I have always despised my nose, the upper nasal bone is very wide, and I was wondering if , at 15, I should get rhino-plasty, how much it would generally cost and if there are any drawbacks to plastic surgery, Thanks

Rhinoplasty at age 15

+2

Costs vary from surgeon to surgeon and location in the US.  Age is not an issue if the patient is mature and growth has stopped and if there is a true deformity that may be corrected.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Age for rhinoplasty

+2

Rhinoplasty can be performed on young men and woman after their facial growth has been completed. This typically translates into age 15-16 for woman and 16-17 for men.

Sam Naficy, MD

Age for rhinoplasty

+2

If your bone growth is complete then you are physically ok for rhinoplasty. At 15 I would not operate on you unless your parents are supportive and on board. It also has to be something you want for yourself, not what others want for you. Rhinoplasty can be face altering and some teenagers find that hard to adjust to so family support is essential. You don't have to rush this. Many teens choose to have it between high school and college as they begin a new chapter in life. Price will vary by area of the country.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty cost at age 15

+2

The cost of rhinoplasty will vary on where you live, though the range is five to seven thousand dollars. At age 15, you are old enough to consider rhinoplasty and the risks actually are few. The greatest risk is satisfaction with results, as 25% may be less than happy afterward. This risk can be much lower if you plan and choose a surgeon carefully.

peterejohnsonmd

Rhinoplasty at age 15 is usually appropriate!

+2

If your growth has stabilized at 15, your nose can be successfully improved by rhinoplasty, though it will take a parent's consent, if not their financial help! In Minneapolis, my partner and I charge $6600, though there is a slight additional reduction in cost for cash. Financing options are available if your parents wish.

I did my own daughter's nose at age 15; she had disliked the nose she inherited from me since about age 12, and quickly jumped at the chance to have a rhinoplasty when another patient had to reschedule surgery and left an opening for her. She has never regretted her wish to have this surgery, and I was glad to be able to provide it for her.

The same could be true for you, though there are always possible risks and complications, most of which never occur, but some of which can. We have never had a death, heart attack, or stroke in over 16000 operations in our accredited office surgical facility in the past 20 years, but of course, minimizing these risks are always at the forefront of our precautions and procedures!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for teens

+2
  • Age 15 is at the lower border where I would consider surgery as an option.  It is really important to be able to define what bothers you about your nose and how much it impacts you.  At your age, I like to see a patient who can clearly express the shape changes they want in specific terms . Like you stated- you want learn about narrowing the wide portion of the upper nose. Others might find issues with a bump or drooping tip.
  • Secondly, I want to be sure that a teenage patient's degree of concern about their nose is not out of proportion.  If a patient has a minor deformity and a lot of worry, I would say they are not a great candidate for surgery. Indeed, they might regret surgery.  If the deformity is really noticeable or significant, and the amount of worry or concern seems appropriate, then I would explore rhinoplasty surgery inmore detail.
  • Having a supportive parent or parents is really important as well.  Talking to you family about your interest in rhinoplasty is an important first step.  You may find support or opposition, but stating your feelings honestly is helpful.
  • I would recommend a visit to a qualified plastic surgeon with experience and great credentials.
  • Costs can vary greatly depending on where you live and with whom you consult.  In the New York Area, you could expect fees to run from $7,000 to $20,000.

Best Wishes,

Dr. Suzman

Michael Suzman, MD

Rhinoplasty to improve facial appearance.

+2

Rhinoplasty can give a more balance look to the face, but I would need to see photos to give you a specific answer. The cost is about $7500. on average.

15 year old rhinoplasty

+2

On intial thought, i think you may be too young. We really like patients to be fully grown. Despite all the sophisticated attempts to tell when a person is mayure and done growing, srable shoe size is as good as any. Price depend on your surgeon and your location but, you will be around $5,000.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD