Nasal Strips After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had the front of my septum reconstructed (it had been surgically removed 3 years ago and since then without right support the tip was going down). The healing after reconstruction went fine with the tip swollen, but nicely elevated. 5 weeks post-op I started using Breathe Right strips to get rid of sleeping problems - 8 nights in a row and then I noticed my tip went down and its a bit more swollen now. Have I messed something up, permanently? And if I did, will it get back to normal?

Using Breathe Right Strips After Rhinoplasty

+1

I would have certainly advised you not use these type of strips after surgery, unless you had a moderate amount of soft tissue swelling in this region. I would advise you to reconsult with your rhinoplasty surgeon to get a clear answer as to whether or not any damage was done.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Down after Breathe Right Strips at 5 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

The tip does not appear to have collapsed from your photo, although I have no point of reference.  I would not think that the breathe right strips would have caused any damage at 5 weeks, but you should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.