Did I Damage Results By Forcing Nasal Piercing After Rhinoplasty?

I had to remove my nasal piercing prior to rhinoplasty, and now that I am about a month post surgery. I started to notice that my piercing whole is closing, thus I tried with some moderate force to put it back in today. While doing it, the jewelry did not go in all the way but got inserted a bit in causing me some light bleeding from the old piercing whole.....!!!??? It looks redish now and a bit swollen... Is that issue would delay my healing process or worsen my future appeareance?!? Thank you

Nasal piercing would not damage results of a rhinoplasty.

+1

It is very unlikely that one could damage the results of a rhinoplasty by piercing.  The damage created by trying to force the jewelry through a contracting hole is probably temporary.  I would recommend that you let your surgeon take a look at it.

Nasal piercing after rhinoplasty

+1

Have your surgeon evaluate your nose to see if you did any damage or if you have an infection.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Nasal piercing after rhinoplasty

+1
I would go in and see your surgeon explain your circumstances and he/she should be able to properly diagnose your current situation. From an outside perspective I would guess that the hole closed and the bleeding was a result of trying to re pierce your nose. I would leave that to your surgeon or wait until further healing to proceed with any further piercing. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com